No announcement yet.

Loud snap on AFTER-WE-COLLIDED_TLR1-2D_S_EN-XX_CA_51_2K_VVS_20200807_DTB_IOP_OV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loud snap on AFTER-WE-COLLIDED_TLR1-2D_S_EN-XX_CA_51_2K_VVS_20200807_DTB_IOP_OV

There's a loud static blast or snap sound at the very end of this dcp: AFTER-WE-COLLIDED_TLR1-2D_S_EN-XX_CA_51_2K_VVS_20200807_DTB_IOP_OV

It's on or near the last few frames of black at the end.

I just sent an email to Deluxe to advise them of this.

It's not too uncommon to hear a loud snap after you collided with something.

Comment

Authentic sound of the beginning of the "tail out".

Comment

Just a question...

Is it possible to program the system to cut out a second early, thus avoiding the “pop?”

If I was running a real movie and something like this happened, on film, I might be able to move the last cue a few frames upstream in order to shut off the sound before it slammed my speakers.

Can you do this with digital? Even if you could, would it be more complicated than it’s worth the effort of trying?

Obviously, the best solution would be for the company to reissue a new file that doesn’t have the problem but, unless and until that happens, we gotta’ make due. Right.

Just curious...

Comment

You could set up a cue to turn the volume to zero just before the unwanted sound and then turn it back up again afterward; since it's after the end of the actual trailer you wouldn't miss anything even if it took a second or two to do the cranking down and cranking back up.

But, as you say, it's more work than it's worth. I just took that trailer back out of the playlist for this week's movie since I really don't like to have something like that sort of thing going through my sound system.

Comment

I agree. It’s probably more trouble than it’s worth.

Besdies, consider it from a realistic perspective. If a company wants their trailers to be played, they should issue good, playable content. Trailers are for advertising. If theaters don’t advertise, movies don’t make money and studios don’t profit.

Money talks. Right?

I speak rhetorically, of course...

Comment

What it says about the quality control at Deluxe is not exactly flattering. Apparently nobody bothered to play this trailer through to the end before saying, "Ship it".

Just another example of nobody giving a rat's rear, I guess.

Comment

It's a trailer, so it's unencrypted. You could load the audio into an audio editor or VLC and check what is going on. It's also very easy to trim the noise with DCP-o-matic.

Comment

If you're playing off a GDC this would be a good opportunity to use the Edit CPL menu and adjust the trailers exit point to trim the offending frames.
                  Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 12.17.30 PM.png

Comment

I just got a reply to my email to Deluxe:

I did confirm with our trailer team that this is how the content was sent to us from the source. We didn't master this particular trailer.
                    Nothing said about fixing it or replacing it, though.

Comment

Working...
                    X