No announcement yet.

CinemaCon 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was there and don't remember this. Additionally "Mulan 2" was a direct to video release in 2008.​​
    Sorry, I meant "Moana 2."

Comment

Every time we go to CinemaCon we come home full of optimism about the upcoming movies.

Then as soon as we get home, the film companies go to work to ruin it.

I heard today that Universal is "not taking any single screens" for "The Fall Guy," which looks to be the first big movie of the summer

The reason? "Because a lot of the single screens don't want to go three weeks, so they're not going to take any of them."

I'm literally standing here, with my checkbook in hand, saying "Here you go, Universal, we'll do the three weeks, we'll agree to the terms, and oh by the way, we have an impeccable payment record, so whadaya say?"

Nope.

I swear they are trying to choke us all to death.

Comment

Ussing Occam's razor, I think we can conclude that those studio execs aren't human, they must be some kind of parasite that feeds off of exhibitor's tears and fears.

Comment

It wouldn't be so bad if there was something else to play in that frame but it's literally devoid of anything resembiling a hit movie. We're probably going to go with Kingdom Planet of the Apes but that leaves the week of the 3rd to fill.

I'd be interested to know if there are any singles out there who get Fall Guy on the break. Maybe this nonsense is just a regional thing.

I've always been curious how many single screens there are in the country, how many of them are "first run" theaters, and how many are NATO members.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Blakesley View Post
            Every time we go to CinemaCon we come home full of optimism about the upcoming movies.

Then as soon as we get home, the film companies go to work to ruin it.

I swear they are trying to choke us all to death.
            Agree. Hate to say it but I'm to a point after the last 4 years I've just thrown my hands up. I no longer really look ahead to what's coming up. I am *very* tired of getting hopes up for a film that looks particularly good to not have it work out. I can barely advertise ahead of time since they seem to just hem and haw over terms until the last minute.

We're playing Civil War this coming weekend and yet I couldn't even get a single one sheet until A24 gave them the green light to ship it. So, I have nothing out front until who knows when....

Any of the coming attraction one sheets are just random ones I think we may play since I have no idea how anything will fit until the last minute when they decide who gets what and when. I've essentially checked out on that end. I really have no input to give my booker anymore especially since even decent films fizzle out so fast they're barely worth it by the time we can pick something up.

I may seem overly pessimistic and I know it'll pass but right now I'm clocked out for a minute

Comment

Working...
            X