Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New stage lighting

This took sime work.
    In a nutshell its Kee Klamps and 1-1/2 black pipe.

These are the ETC Source 4 ellipsoidal zooms with the LED retrofit.

Four more going up on other side.

Next up is a dmx cintroller.

(We do not seat people in the balcony)
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

It looks pretty good!

The only thing I'd change is to turn the clamps around so that the jackscrews are facing the operator as he stands behind the rack. The reason I suggest is because it prevents you from having to reach out, over the balcony, with a wrench in your hand and, potentially, dropping something into the auditorium, below. With the screws facing you, any dropped tool is more likely to fall at your feet instead of over the edge where it might land on somebody's head.

Yes, it's a minor detail but it comes from experience, working in high places in the dark.

As they say, "An ounce of prevention..."

Comment

is worth a two pound wrench?

Comment

That's why stagehands always tie off their tools.

Take a piece of tie line as long as the span of your arms, double it in half and knot the ends together. Pull one end through your belt loop, pass the other end through and pull it tight. Do the same through the handle of the Crescent wrench. Wind the cord into a neat coil then tuck the wrench into your back pocket. It'll be there when you need it and it can never fall if you drop it. When it's time to quit work, just unloop the tie line from your belt. No need to untie knots.

If you've ever listened to Frank Zappa's album, "Joe's Garage," that's where the phrase, "An evil barbarian with a wrench in his pocket," comes from.

Comment

I know you are mid project, just don’t forget the two units that are still without their safeties (in the photo).

As this is a permanent install the pipe couplers are fine. Had you intended to occasionally remove it i would have suggested “cheeseboro” style clamps. Fairly standard stuff for temporary pipe rigs.

;-)

Comment

Cheeseburger.jpg
            Cheeseburger!
            Last edited by Randy Stankey; 03-23-2024, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X