Cost of Fandango ticketing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost of Fandango ticketing?

For those theaters that have online ticketing through Fandango, what are the costs?

For example, for a particular movie ticket at a particular theater, the costs are:

Ticket Price: $9
    Convenience Fee: $1.89

(Sales tax included in convenience fee)

Total: $10.89

My understanding is that Fandango keeps the $1.89 convenience fee, but does the entire $9 ticket price get passed to the theater?

We are able to bypass Fandango ticketing and go direct to RTS and other ticketing systems, and I'm trying to get a handle on if doing so saves theaters any money or has other benefits.

This is years ago, so stuff may have changed, but from what I've been told then, they only take the convenience fee.

Comment

Thats correct, they keep their fee the rest goes to you. There is no reason to not be online with both Fandango and Atom. It costs you nothing but gets you exposure.
      I have another theater in the area who I talk to regularly and they were "old school" and resisted online ticketing for some reason.
      They are now on fandango and they also changed to assigned seating (something they were VERY resistant to do)
      It has made a HUGE difference for them.
      Even if you dont have any kind of special seating, number your seats and go online properly, you'll be glad you did !

Comment

Working...
      X