Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coincidence? Or something more portentous?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coincidence? Or something more portentous?

Every so often, one of these will happen:

are you there.jpg

I don't know if it would be less (potentially) pretentious if they swapped the movies between Cinema 3 and 4.

And those things do happen.

PS: The Forum Police may conclude that you've violated one of the forum rules: No Teaser Titles... As in, the topic's "Marquee" has to represent the topic's content.

Comment

That's portentous, as in full of deep inner meaning. Not pretentious.

Please forum police, don't arrest me. Would spoil the surprise if I said "look at this picture of two movie titles which, if displayed together, would potentially be worthy of a chuckle".

Comment

Sorry, I misread... I don't know if it would be more or less portentous if you would swap both titles on the sign though... So, I suspect it was not on purpose, but someone probably had a chuckle or two after seeing the result.

As for the Forum Police: I'd be on the lookout for black vans with tinted windows.

Comment

I remember once seeing on a marquis (before smartphones, so no photo): "The Muppets Bad Lieutenant". I would have liked to of seen that movie.

Comment

True story. Back in the 90's one of our dollar house twins marquee read on one line Snow White. Directly under that was Guilty As Sin. That made the local paper.

Comment

Not a combined title, but one time our marquee kid put up the title FRESH HORSES as: FRESH HORES

The guy still comes to the movies on occasion when he's in town so I of course continue to give him crap about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Blakesley View Post
                Not a combined title, but one time our marquee kid put up the title FRESH HORSES as: FRESH HORES
                Now the answer to the question: Did it it improve your bottom line?

Comment

Working...
                X