Facebook - how to hide a page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook - how to hide a page?

I'm actually asking this on behalf of my wife, but it's a good question.

If you have a Facebook "page," that is published under your profile, how does one go about hiding that page? For example, my profile is under my name and I have the Roxy Theatre, my parts store, and a couple of other pages that I manage, under my profile. But I'll be damned if I can find a way to hide any of those pages temporarily, should I desire to.

The reason my wife is wondering about this is, a friend of ours is running for city council, and she asked my wife to make her a Facebook page for her campaign, which she has done, but she's not ready to have it showing to the public yet so she would like to hide it now, and then un-hide it when it's ready.

I thought there must be somebody in the Film-Tech-verse who knows. We have both looked at the internet and come up empty -- there are plenty of instructions, but the buttons, links or whatever crap they tell you to click on just aren't there. I assume this is because these are instructions for older versions of Facebook.

That's gotta be the biggest problem with the internet -- outdated information.

I don't know anything about Facebook but why can't you just create and keep it as a local copy and upload it when you want it to be live?

Comment

Since hiding stuff isn't in the best intentions of Facebook, it's no wonder they try to hide those features.

But those instructions right here cover both the "New" and "Classic" version of "Pages", I guess you've seen them? They're no good for your situation? I manage a few company profile pages too and the options, while pretty much hidden, are there when I follow the instructions.

Comment

Working...
      X