Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Screenvision Gains Ad Volume: Calls In-Theater Ads Increasingly 'Relevant,' 'Vital'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in the days when I used to print a monthly flyer I sold space on the back, which covered the cost of the printing and mailing. The space was never very difficult to sell because the theatre flyer was about the only flyer that people actually took home from the post office; a big percentage of every other flyer ended up in the garbage can there.

Comment

A local theater runs ads as stills (slide show) with just background music for audio. People are visiting during this time, but now and then an ad will catch someone's attention and be pointed out to others. I really like this approach to in-theater advertising.

Comment

Screen advertising has been around since the silent days. That's one of many reasons they had glass slides back then. In my view, the massive amount of screen advertising, and then trailers means you can arrive 10 minutes late to the Theater, and won't be late to the start of the show when you get stuck at a slow concession counter and or need to use the restroom... At least that's how they have it set up at the local AMC.

Comment

Working...
        X