Jesus Revolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesus Revolution

I do not know where to find one-sheets for "Jesus Revolution". I have asked my booker but have not received a reply.

They certainly exist, because there are a couple in the poster cases outside my local Harkins. Maybe approach the distributor directly?

Comment

I can't remember the last Lionsgate movie we got onesheets for. I have been told that they "don't give a shit" about small theaters, so I suppose that's the reason.

Comment

The local newspaper has a sign that says "we now do large format printing" so I went in there the other day and asked how much they would charge me to print a movie poster in the same size as the "real ones" are, thinking that I could just have them print me any missing posters.

He told me that they would do it for $30 each if I did them two at a time so they could impose them side-by-side in their printer.

So there's an option for getting any missing posters -- you can have it printed for, I guess, about that price.

Whether it's worth paying $30 to print movie poster is another question....

Comment

I got a similar quote from a print shop here.

I’ve toyed with the idea of getting a large format printer to make my own one sheets. It would be nice to be able to put on our exact playdates and such. But the cost is high and I hate printers, so….

Comment

Don't invest into large format printers unless you have a business case for them. Those things are notorious expensive in upkeep and the materials, as in ink and paper aren't that cheap either. About 25 years ago I worked for a shop that had a business in maintaining them and I recently spoke the owner. It hasn't gotten better in those years...
            Most cinemas around here have since installed some digital signage. Some used professional screens, others just run-of-the-mill TVs. Heck, those things have become so cheap, almost all quick-serve restaurants around here have since ditched their traditional backlit signage with LCD screens. Whatever you do, keep away from OLED screens, as they WILL burn in.

Comment

I got ours from the studio rep. Your rep will likely be different from mine as we are in different states but if you want my contact information to our Lionsgate rep, contact me.
              Our rep allowed us to jump in on Jesus Revolution on week two. Most studios will want you to take the movie for week one And week two,.. or wait till week three. Our rep worked it out so we could jump in during the second week.
              It is doing much better for us than Ant-Man did.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Cox View Post
                The local newspaper has a sign that says "we now do large format printing" so I went in there the other day and asked how much they would charge me to print a movie poster in the same size as the "real ones" are, thinking that I could just have them print me any missing posters.

He told me that they would do it for $30 each if I did them two at a time so they could impose them side-by-side in their printer.

So there's an option for getting any missing posters -- you can have it printed for, I guess, about that price.

Whether it's worth paying $30 to print movie poster is another question....
                I hope it never comes to the point where I have to pay for posters. I make the posters part of our agreement to show the movie. I have even started requiring a poster from independant films. If I can get other swag and promotional material, all the better. I have made posters for live entertainment but if I am going to pay 36% of the gate, I want the studio to help me sell their product.

Comment

When I first got in the biz, the posters all came from one place, National Screen Service, and you had to pay for all of them plus shipping. They came folded in a big envelope.

We had to pay shipping for trailers too, and would get charged a big fee if they weren’t returned after use.

But at least we could get the damn posters.
                  Last edited by Mike Blakesley; 03-06-2023, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Sign up for the online service through IMoxie media for Lionsgate.

customerservice@imoxiemedia.com

Email this address and ask them to get you set up.

Lionsgate is listed on here but I do not see any for Jesus Revolution. So, appears they may have already ran out.........

Comment

A poster is about 27x40" so an equivalent TV would be a 55" which is 28x48" so you have some extra vertical space when it's mounted in portrait to add "Coming Soon" or "Now Playing" at the top or bottom of the frame.

55" tv's can be found for about $300 today. Then buy a $35 Fire TV stick and install Poster Booking on it which is free for up to 10 screens. Monoprice has a rotating mount for $29 to mount a TV vertically. With poster booking, you just upload pictures or video to their cloud site and create a playlist and schedule for each screen. It's super slick.

We're going to use this setup to replace posters since we seem get few of them or have to request them. We also use it for our menu boards and to advertise promotions, thank you messaging, etc. We'll probably end up with 2 tv's for menus, 2-3 for posters, 1-2 for promo/advertising. It won't fit with our historical feel in the lobby but it will have the cool factor which younger people appreciate and should help drive new business. Sometimes staying completely stuck in the past means people forget you and choose newer options.

https://posterbooking.com/

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=24267

Comment

Then buy a $35 Fire TV stick and install Poster Booking on it which is free for up to 10 screens. Monoprice has a rotating mount for $29 to mount a TV vertically. With poster booking, you just upload pictures or video to their cloud site and create a playlist and schedule for each screen.
                        We'll use RTS for poster images -- it's already included anyway. I've already got a plan to replace 4 of our poster locations with screens. The other 10, if posters eventually dry up completely, we'll either replace those spaces with a rotation of old posters, or I will come up with some cool posters promoting our website, app, concessions, etc. and get our print shop to turn them out. My biggest issue is the two posters that we have facing outside -- they are in bright sunlight all day, and I've never seen a TV that looked good with the sun shining on it...plus they are inside small spaces that open from behind, so the poster surface gets super hot in summer and super cold in winter. Add to that there is no electricity wired into those spaces. So, I'm not sure what to do there. Then, we always put the "now showing" poster in the front doors (four doors, with a poster on each end) and there's no practical way to hang TVs there either, plus there is still the sun issue washing the screens out all day.

Comment

I don't have any great ideas for outside except for LED screens which are more expensive but can handle sunlight and be mounted outside in the weather.

We're just doing things inside for now. Outside, we'll have the Daktronic LED screen I mentioned in another thread so that'll replace our poster displays for outdoors.

Comment

I wonder what the resolution is on those. Anytime I've seen one close-up, it was way too coarse to display the fine print on something like a one-sheet. Maybe they make other types that have a finer rez.

Comment

The make high resolution ones for smaller use cases like this. Think a Verizon store that has one facing the outside that is super bright. Or in big cities, digital signs mounted by bus stops. The bigger ones are lower resolution because you're 15-20 feet back from it. The closer you are, the higher the resolution should be.

We ordered a 6mm sign which is the best you can get in their galaxy line.

Comment

Working...
                              X