No announcement yet.

Sightline - AMC's New Ticket Pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am pretty sure the Shilo site was originally a Carmike. I rember when it was built, and it would also explain why it's so dismal. Carmike was always the very bottom of the barrel.
    Correct, it was a Carmike originally. My wife went to a movie there a few weeks ago on a weeknight, and they had NO popcorn to sell! I've heard stories about there only being one person on duty to sell tickets AND concessions (this being a 14-plex), and other nonsense like having ads mixed in with the trailers, etc. Then they wonder why business is slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff Jones View Post

Don't take my word for it. Check out Google reviews:​
      I don't care what the idiots writing the reviews state, I attend that theater regularly (or at least used to before Sightline pricing) and it's a lie - the barriers do not block the screen.

As I stated, the wall is maybe three feet high and is well below your sight line when seated (they are about the height of your seat cushion); what they are complaining about simply doesn't exist unless you kneel in front of it and look through it.

People must be upset at the AMC Flatiron Crossing 14 and are clearly posting fake reviews or set up a bot to do so.

Comment

They might as well abolish online reviews. The new AI "chatbot" crap will soon take over the review spaces (if it hasn't already) and you won't know who or what to trust.

The internet is wonderful but at the end of the day, it's probably going to ruin everything.

Comment

Here is an online picture from AMC Flat Iron to demonstrate the glass partition.
          Attached Files

Comment

I guess if they are going to have their feet in their field of vision, the glass partition is not a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Croaro View Post
              Here is an online picture from AMC Flat Iron to demonstrate the glass partition.
              LOL! That's hilarious! I think they may finally put themselves out of business.

Comment

Originally posted by William Kucharski View Post

I don't care what the idiots writing the reviews state, I attend that theater regularly (or at least used to before Sightline pricing) and it's a lie - the barriers do not block the screen.

As I stated, the wall is maybe three feet high and is well below your sight line when seated (they are about the height of your seat cushion); what they are complaining about simply doesn't exist unless you kneel in front of it and look through it.

People must be upset at the AMC Flatiron Crossing 14 and are clearly posting fake reviews or set up a bot to do so.

Are you a bot William? Ha

The picture definitely shows the bottom 1/3 of the screen with the glass in front of it. You can see through it but it's annoying and with fingerprints, I'd not enjoy the movie. I really need to see the entire screen or I wish I was at home instead.

Comment

It's stuff like this that makes people stay at home!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darin Steffl View Post
                    The picture definitely shows the bottom 1/3 of the screen with the glass in front of it. You can see through it but it's annoying and with fingerprints, I'd not enjoy the movie. I really need to see the entire screen or I wish I was at home instead.
                    This photo is taken with the phone near waist level when seated.

If you take the photo with the camera at head level, you cannot reproduce this effect, and though the seats recline, you cannot lie flat.

Comment

Does this picture really come from AMC? What idiot thought that any part of that picture promotes the viewing experience, regardless of the filthy partition. Why are those sconce lights on during the movie, and why apparently only on one side? Is that Exit light working? What is that horizontal yellowish light for? Just looks like an all around horrible place to watch a movie. Who knows, it may be fine, but that picture doesn't sell it.

Comment

I don't think that picture comes from AMC, at least it's not on the page for that particular theater.

Still, assuming it's a picture taken during an actual show, the questions raised above are valid. One does need to keep in mind that phone cameras can tend to exaggerate room lights in otherwise-dark environments. (This is why it seems nearly impossible to get a good picture of the moon with an iphone, or at least I've never been able to get one.)

I get the feeling that this used to be a venue with standard seating, and when they installed recliners they found that their railing blocked the screen from the "reclined" position, but they are required by "code" to have the railing a certain height, so they were forced to put the glass in or else lose those seats.

Does anyone know if the place was built this way? If so, they had an idiot for a designer.
                        Last edited by Mike Blakesley; 02-27-2023, 08:01 PM.

Comment

And scene...
                          https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/20/busin...nds/index.html
                          AMC Theaters scraps plans to charge more for good seats

Parija Kavilanz
                          New York CNN — none

AMC Theaters said Thursday it is ending its “Sightline” tiered seat-pricing pilot, which it began earlier this year, in which moviegoers who sat up by the front of the theater directly next to the screen paid less for a ticket compared to those who chose more desirable seats in the middle of the theater.

In February, AMC (AMC) said it was rolling out the initiative to all of its roughly 1,000 movie theaters by the end of the year.

The company said at the time that AMC theaters would offer three pricing tiers for tickets, with the highest-end “Preferred” tier in the middle of the theaters priced at a “slight premium” compared to its “Standard” tier.

That standard tier, it said, would be sold for the “traditional cost of a ticket.” The third “Value” tier would be the lowest-priced tickets for seats in the front row.

AMC said it is now pivoting away from Sightline and will not roll it out nationwide. Instead, it will test a new type of front row seating process after results from the Sightline pilot revealed that people still didn’t want to sit right at the front of the theater, their necks craned upwards towards the screen right in front of them, even with a slight discount on the tickets.

The company also said the tiered seat pricing test showed most moviegoers who previously sat in the preferred Sightline section continued to choose those seats, even with an upcharge, and most customers continued to buy tickets either sitting in the Preferred section or elsewhere in the theater.

Moving forward, AMC said it’s gearing up to test more spacious front rows, with seats that recline, in theaters nationwide later in the year.

– CNN’s Jordan Valinsky contributed to this story

Comment

Working...
                          X