No announcement yet.

Improving sound isolation between rooms in an existing cinema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Under the National building code unless there is a height change the roof deck on a building must be continous

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon McLeod View Post
      Under the National building code unless there is a height change the roof deck on a building must be continous
      Obviously not every county uses it. Boca code was also common in both the Midwest and in the Mountain States and certain things in it are more stringent than NBC. I worked on theaters with seperate roofs in Wisconsin, Utah, and Wyoming and Nevada. All these theaters did not have acoustic ceilings, so separating the deck was very important. The open ceilings were painted black.

Comment

Gord, in doing a little more research to see what has changed code wise, the main building code that most municipalities have now adopted is the International Building Code. I donno what differences it has in it from National or Boca, and to be honest I''m not that interested in them in my current retired mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon McLeod View Post
          Any clue for what reason this is or was a thing to begin with? Sounds pretty counter-intuitive, there may always be reasons to have disjoint roof structures.

Comment

Working...
          X