Power failure five minutes before the show ended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power failure five minutes before the show ended

Literally. Five minutes before the show ended, the power went off.

I've had power failures and whatnot before in the middle of the show but I don't think I've ever had one so close to the end.

I usually just give everyone a refund if something like that happens, but tonight I didn't make the offer and nobody asked for one. If someone had demanded a refund I would have given it to him but nobody mentioned anything about it.

Five stinkin' minutes!

What was the movie? Maybe the audience felt it was already over.

Comment

The last night for Crawdads. I just went into the auditorium and told everyone about finding the necklace after she died and everyone said, "Oooh" and that was about it.

Comment

How long did the power outage last? Was that five minutes before the end credits, or five minutes before the playlist end?

Comment

The power came back on about 90 minutes later. I had just finished cleaning the auditorium by flashlight and got everything put away for the night and ... Lights on!

It was a neat crowd of old ladies so there wasn't much clean-up to do anyway.

And it was five minutes before the end credits would have started. If it had been during the credits then nobody would have cared.

Comment

But were there 8min of credits?

Comment

You should've read them the last pages of the book with some candlelight.

Comment

Working...
              X