No announcement yet.

Supply chain issues reach a new zenith…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supply chain issues reach a new zenith…

Something I never thought I’d see…

AMC Westminster 24, Westminster, CO

5879652C-3F6E-40F0-816E-2676819BE60A.jpeg

Unless I was told that there was no butter available BEFORE I purchased my popcorn, that would be the last time I EVER patronized that theatre.

Comment

They did indeed have signs before purchase.

But despite the signs above the popcorn and the signs on the dispensers themselves I watched three people approach management about it.

Comment

I remember one time when I was sixteen and had just gotten my driver's license. It was on a Saturday night when the ice machine in the bar broke down and my father handed me a bunch of money and the keys to his pickup and told me to go out to every convenience store in town to buy as much ice as I could get.

I don't know... If I was captain of that ship, I think I'd be considering whether I should pull some money out of petty cash and send somebody out to the grocery store to buy a shipload of butter!

Comment

Does any theater still provide real butter for popcorn? I suspect the sign should have read, "We are out of butter-flavored topping". Regardless, it is indeed time to run to the local grocery store.

Comment

"Due to supply chain issues, we are now serving REAL BUTTER!"

The only thing that concerns me is whether a theater like that has a way to melt all that butter down and skim it off and whether there is an employee capable of doing it without burning the place down.

Comment

I've always used real butter for the popcorn here. I just buy it at the grocery store.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Stankey View Post
                "Due to supply chain issues, we are now serving REAL BUTTER!"

The only thing that concerns me is whether a theater like that has a way to melt all that butter down and skim it off and whether there is an employee capable of doing it without burning the place down.
                I remember about a decade ago when they ran out of their "gourmet" ice cream, you could see that they had instead been using the absolute cheapest store brand ice cream available instead (it wasn't even Bryer's or something, it was Kroger.)

Comment

If they want to spend the money they can get ghee in the oil department at many grocery stores these days. No skimming required.

Comment

Working...
                  X