Latest ADA requirements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest ADA requirements

Hey Guys. I hope this is the right spot for this. Does anyone have a link to the latest ADA theater requirements? Wheelchair seating numbers per screen, CC devices, neck loops, etc. I'm looking for minimum amounts needed per screen.

Don't forget aisle lighting and egress lighting, and to make sure it's at least at the minimum light levels required by your county. Also, back up lighting in case power goes out. I theory, the architect or lighting designer should specify this, but if it's an existing building, then hiring a lighting designer may be advantageous. I was involved in a lawsuit (at the request of my customer) once where a customer tripped in the stadium section and sprained her ankle. It went to court and I had previously gone in and measured aisle lighting level and had a copy of the architects original plans that specified all the lighting. And all was still with in spec, so the case was dismissed.

Comment

Requirements for assistive listening, audio description, and closed captioning are at https://www.qsc.com/resource-files/w...equirement.pdf .

Harold

Comment

Working...
      X