Long-time to display a movie poster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long-time to display a movie poster

I was changing the window display and re-arranging my movie posters on the wall last night and once again I put the new Top Gun poster from 2020 back up in the lobby.

It occurs to me that Top Gun is now the movie poster that has spent the longest time on display on the wall in my lobby. It hasn't been there continuously, but I put it up in early 2020 (maybe late 2019?) and then it's been up and taken back down again three or four times since then. By the time I actually play the movie, it will have been on my wall for well over a cumulative year.

I'm thinking that I might add that to the "about the theatre" section of my website as an interesting little factoid.

Have you folks had any long-term movie posters like that?

Q: Have you folks had any long-term movie posters like that?

A: Not me personally, but until about 2 months ago, a theater near my house
    still had a poster for PARASITE on display in an outdoor poster frame. It was
    the last movie they were playing when they shut down in March Y2k20 for the
    Coronapacoplyse. (and they never re-opened) By the time it finally fell down,
    it was so faded from sunlight, that you could barely read it anyway.

Comment

We have a poster case in the stairway leading to the balcony in which I tend to put posters for movies aimed at adults, so I put the Top Gun teaser in there and it's been there ever since. I don't think I've ever taken it out.

They had a really nice newer poster (standee size) on display at CinemaCon, way better than the current one. Hope they make that in poster size.

We saw that movie yesterday morning. Yowza, that is going to do six tons of business.

Comment

Do movie posters in the booth also count? A local cinema had an Independence Day poster in the booth when I worked there back in one of their booths. A few months ago, when I visited, the poster was still up. I guess the low UV levels in the booth kept it from fading, as it sill looked good, even after all those years.

Comment

We have 'Life of Brian' in our lobby since... 2010 or so. Only to announce our yearly christmas screening throughout the year.

Comment

We keep a poster of the remake of Arthur in our office, because it has Helen Mirren and Russell Brand on it and we saw them at CinemaCon that year so it’s sort of a souvenir. Also Jennifer Garner is on it and she just looks great, so there’s that too. The movie was awful.

Comment

Up until recently, we were using the Top Gun movie poster that was dated 2020. It became sort of a joke. During the two plus years, the poster was used off and on... Finally we received a new Maverick poster.

Comment

Same here. We had the original 2020 Top Gun in the hallway to one of our theaters for the longest time. One customer a month or so ago saw it and started laughing. I assured them that it was indeed finally coming out this spring, hopefully...

Comment

Working...
                X