Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You didn't even fool me once MoviePass...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You didn't even fool me once MoviePass...

MoviePass is being resurrected from the dead with an eye on summer launch.

MoviePass 2.0 Live Event (Pre-Recorded)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xffsK7A4O2A
    Last edited by Rusty Gordon; 02-10-2022, 06:38 PM.

I'm seeing double. :P

Since Mike's post was first, maybe we should consolidate this post with his post?

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel Birgelen View Post
      I'm seeing double. :P

Since Mike's post was first, maybe we should consolidate this post with his post?
      Didn’t see it because he posted it in Film Yak and I rarely go there. I don’t think he linked the live keynote.

Comment

I linked an article from Insider. I wasn't sure if Yak was the place for it or not.

Comment

UniqueGiftLong_3-3.jpg

Comment

As a software developer who has a point-of-sale system for movie theaters I just know I am going to be called upon once again to integrate with them and there will be no benefit, financial or otherwise from doing so other than pleasing my theater owners in the next short term that they stay in business. One of the key takeaways from the keynote is that "anyone" can be a MoviePass owner. They want individuals to invest in MoviePass a scheme that sounds a lot like they are selling securities. At any rate, it's apparent that raising a bunch of VC isn't in the cards for MoviePass this time around. They seem to be aware of this. They also believe they can sell a lot of data back to the studios. Taking cues from social media, the MoviePass customer is to actually be the product. In the end, the MoviePass customer is going to be pissed at the theater when anything with MoviePass, its technology or funding or whatever goes wrong. If AMC, Regal, Cinemark, et al summarily reject redemption of these in favor of their own programs, MoviePass 2.0 is DOA. Really, what is the upside?

Comment

Working...
            X