No announcement yet.

Closed again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even though I am highly immunosuppressed due to the kidney transplant I still go out. In fact ate at my favorite country joint this morning... It was raining pretty good here, and there was only about 8 others in the restaurant. Our favorite Sushi joint has been doing 10X the amount of take out as they normally do. But the restaurant is usually pretty full too. But overall I have eaten out quite a few times and have been to the movies several times. No problems yet, but if I do catch it then it's going to be a really big problem.

In case any of you happen through Nashville... This place is fantastic...
    http://sonobananashville.com

Comment

• Love that place!

Comment

• I recently realized that I have reached a point in my life where death no longer scares me.
        Don't get me wrong- - I don't want, nor do I plan, to "leave the planet" anytime soon, but the
        thought of doing so doesn't really bother me much any more.
        In the past two years, I've had several friends and close family members die, and
        they all seem to be doing OK. If they can do it, so can I .
        . . . . whenever my time comes- - (and I just hope it doesn't come during the 'daylight
        saving time' months, because that's a whole hour of life I'd be cheated out of )

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusty Gordon View Post
          Love that place!
          It's small but it is one of the best Sushi joints in Nashville. I love the Japanese grocery store next to it as well...

Comment

• I recently realized that I have reached a point in my life where death no longer scares me.
            Don't get me wrong- - I don't want, nor do I plan, to "leave the planet" anytime soon, but the
            I've thought about that a lot and have come to the conclusion that I am not afraid of being dead, but the "process" of dying is what scares me. I expect that's what scares most people more than the thought of whatever comes afterward.

Comment

• To try and turn this thread a bit more upbeat I figured I would ask Frank when do you plan to reopen?

Comment

• That's a question that I hear ever time I go out to pick up the mail.

I had actually hoped and fully intended to reopen this coming Friday and was about to see about getting a movie booked last week when I checked the hospitalization numbers for our area and discovered that there are more people sick here in the hospital than ever before. Plus the care home where my mother is is currently having an outbreak (8 out of 10 residents have covid; my mother is one of the 2 and not one of the 8; since everyone there is fully vaccinated nobody is actually sick, they just test positive for covid) so they're doing a full lockdown there too.

The restaurant across the street reopened a while ago and it's frustrating beyond belief to see other stuff around here running when I'm still closed. But I still don't want to kill anyone over a movie.

Apparently the numbers in other places peak and then come down rapidly. So I'll check the numbers again on Thursday (they release them on Thursdays) and if it's coming down then I'll reopen on March 4.

I had just bought a bunch of Pepsi the week before Christmas when I was planning to play Spiderman and then I closed instead. Lovely timing. Unfortunately most of that has now expired so I'll have to get some more before I reopen. I have sold a few of those big bags of popcorn, though.

Comment

• While I can definitely understand that you don't want to kill anybody, isn't Canada vaccinated at a very high rate? If somebody is vaccinated, it is highly unlikely that they will get severely ill (as evidenced by the care home where your mother resides).

Unfortunately, it is very likely that there will be somewhat regular outbreaks of future variants of SARS-CoV-2. It isn't really sustainable to close your business every time it happens. As long as being vaccinated protects people from whatever variants are around, I wouldn't really worry that having your theater open will lead to somebody's death.

I don't know your personal financial situation so if you are able to close and still afford to eat and keep a roof over your head then I guess being closed out of an abundance of caution is OK and I won't knock you for it. I'm just saying that COVID is not likely to ever be a complete non-issue in our lifetime and, at some point, we need to just live with it and accept that there is going to be a risk to some people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Cassedy View Post
                    I recently realized that I have reached a point in my life where death no longer scares me.
                    In the past two years, I've had several friends and close family members die, and
                    they all seem to be doing OK. If they can do it, so can I .
                    . . . . whenever my time comes- - (and I just hope it doesn't come during the 'daylight
                    saving time' months, because that's a whole hour of life I'd be cheated out of )
                    "For three days after death, hair and fingernails continue to grow but phone calls taper off."

Comment

• But I still don't want to kill anyone over a movie.
                      Heaven forbid that anyone is ever killed in a car wreck...while on the way to a movie.

Comment

• Reopening on March 4. I just sent in a Pepsi order for next week since all of my stuff expired while I was closed.

Comment

Working...
                        X