The Local AMC Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mark Gulbrandsen View Post

No, it was for sure a Sony. I could see enough of it through the port to tell... As cheap as ANC is, they likely moved all the gear from the old theater that was less than a mile away, to the new one. .The subs were pretty impressive, but there were no surrounds and I could tell the speakers were JBL 4675's The previews were deafening, all 15 of them. Who the hell runs 15 previews??? So apparently they either have no automation controlling sound level, or they just don't care. I think both actually. Oh, and LED ceiling lights that created an awful glare.
    What commercial theatre doesn't have surround speakers? Maybe they just haven't installed them yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Don Furr View Post

What commercial theatre doesn't have surround speakers? Maybe they just haven't installed them yet!
      They have had almost three years to hang them. I suspect the surrounds from the old theater were all dry rotted and got tossed. I even put my hand in through the join on the soundfold and there was not enough depth to put them behind. With their stock at $28.30 a share, they shouldn't have any.trouble having surrounds put in.

Comment

Working...
      X