Just Had A Sucessful Kidney Transplant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Had A Sucessful Kidney Transplant

My second transplant, the first one at IHC in.Utah was unsucessful. All went well except the kidney missed it's flight from Seattle and that delayed surgery. It made the next flight and the surgery was at 2 am. Back.in my room about 8 am. Kidney is slow waking up since it was on Ice for 30 hours, but it is starting to work and I actually feel better. Just ate lunxh too. Anyway, will leave it at that for now...

Mark

Mark. Hope you get back on you feet soon. I have cancerous kidney they want to take out. Those things can be ornery. Stay well and mind the doctors.

Comment

Hope you're feeling better Mark! Are you at Vanderbilt?

How are you doing Rick? Didn't know you had Kidney issues too. Aside from that, have you been enjoying retirement?

Comment

William, You.only.need one kidney. I'd be getting rid of that cancerous one before it spreads to.the other one. But what ever happens take good care of yourself!!

Rusty, Yes, at Vanderbilt. What an amazing place! My surgeon here was the adjunct transplant professor. She was fantastic!

Comment

Congratulations - good to hear that you're on the mend!

Comment

thats GREAT NEWS!!! i guess the second one is the charm! Unfortunately, i was told i am inelegible for kidney transplant last week due to the damage to my heart and arteries,,,too much plaque "(your basic hardening of the arteries) in my arteries plus previous 'ortho static hypotension. or fainting after standing...due to the arteries being unable to tighten and restrict bood flow to the lower extremities when you stand up! anyway, I'm happy for you ZZGodspeed and a quick recovery to you! I'm married to the dialisys machine til it wont help any more...
            Last edited by John Eickhof; 08-29-2021, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John Eickhof View Post
              thats GREAT NEWS!!! i guess the second one is the charm! Unfortunately, i was told i am inelegible for kidney transplant last week due to the damage to my heart and arteries,,,too much plaque "(your basic hardening of the arteries) in my arteries plus previous 'ortho static hypotension. or fainting after standing...due to the arteries being unable to tighten and restrict bood flow to the lower extremities when you stand up! anyway, I'm happy for you ZZGodspeed and a quick recovery to you! I'm married to the dialisys machine til it wont help any more...
              John, I am.very sorry to read that news. Do you have to do dialysis in center, or do you do it at home? I did PD dialysis for 2.5 years and still was able to work and travel. But not on hemo dialysis...

Comment

This is great news Mark! Hopefully, this one behaves properly.

Comment

hi mark, luckily im on pd at home so im still mobile! i was on hemo last year for six weeks, it beat the hell out of me! (even had a lite stroke while on hemo) pd is soooo much better! ive been on it for 1yr 8mo so far...could live for another 5 to 10 years as long as i have no complications...you take care my friend!

Comment

I really hope this one sticks and you can get rid of dialysis once and for all. A former colleague of mine which I'm still in regular contact with, got her transplant about 5 years ago after about a decade of constant illness and 3 years or so on dialysis, so it really was a game-changer for her, I really hope it will do the same for you!

Take care of yourself, we can't miss you here. We need someone willing to take up a fight against Steve now and then.

Comment

Great news Mark! I wish you a good recovery.

Comment

Hope all goes well

Comment

Great news Mark! Maybe I brought you luck on my recent visit. You deserve the best!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Chavez View Post
                            Great news Mark! Maybe I brought you luck on my recent visit. You deserve the best!
                            You've always brought me luck Sam! But its amazing, I just went on a long walk around this level of transplant and did not get out of breath like I did pre transplant. Kidney is waking up slowly but surely...

Comment

I just learned this morning that I still have all three kidneys in circuit. They do that if the original kidneys still produce urine, but they will disconnect them.and let them die off if they do not, or if there are other problems that would interfer with tje transplanted kidney.

Comment

Working...
                              X