Chip card readers for RTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chip card readers for RTS

Can any of you computer experts out there tell me if something like this reader will work with RTS for chip-enabled cards? We're currently using a mag-strip reader that plugs into USB, so it doesn't need to be anything fancy.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Nope. Mike, You'd need a chip reader that is encrypted specifically for use with the card brands and your specific processor. That chip reader may work with private label smart cards, but to process credit cards with RTS, Sensible, Veezi or others you will need one certified for the platform they use to process and the processor. For instance, Sensible lets you use any processor via DataCap NETePay. You need s credit card terminal or chip reader encrypted for use with DataCap and Worldpay if you are a legacy Mercury Pay/Vantiv customer. There is even a different encryption for Vantiv Core and Tri-POS. There's also TSYS, FirstData, Heartland, Chase, Bluepay, Shift4, and dozens of others. If you need contactless you'll need one capable of doing contactless using EMV data. You should be looking at the IDTech Augusta Chip reader encrypted for your processor (cheapest option at $199 list with the encryption loads you need or a payment terminal like the Ingenico Lane 3000-5000-7000 terminals. You could probably use the Verifone P400 if you could get your hands on one. The chip shortages are making that one have long backorders. Hit me back with the processor and I'll show you choices.

Comment

Well I think we are still with Vantiv. We signed up with them when the NATO program began years ago, which has since gone away but I've never changed anything. We get two charges a month - one of them is from something called "Fifth Third" and the other from "Bankcard Systems." I don't think the word Vantiv has ever appeared on our statement.

Comment

Is there an encryption sticker on your current device? That would tell me what you need. I’m going to guess you’re on what was called Vantiv Core but you might be on MercuryPay. The sticker will clear that up.

Comment

Working...
        X