What is AMC INVESTOR CONNECT SCREENING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is AMC INVESTOR CONNECT SCREENING

Checking AMC's schedule this morning and ran across this for tonight at 6:00:
    AMC INVESTOR CONNECT SCREENING: ESCAPE ROOM: TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS.

Appears to be just a preview screening of a movie that comes out next week. But what is Investor Connect? Is the some new "club" at AMC? Or is it an attempt to lure in or reward the Robin Hood Boys who boosted their stock price? Is there a pre-show trying to get people to buy AMC stock? I'm pretty sure there are no real AMC investors in Montgomery. And if so, they probably don't go to that AMC.

Special offers for people who own one share of AMC, I guess.

https://www.amctheatres.com/stockholders

Comment

So, just an attempt to sell more AMC Stubs memberships. Clever

Comment

99% of the screenings I do are at private screening rooms & film festivals. While I've never encountered an "AMC Investor Connect" screening, on several occasions I've done private "investor" screenings, usually for some independent producers, which are for people who have put up money or otherwise 'invested' in their production. This can include both individuals and corporations who have either donated money or some sort of service to the producer. Sometimes it can also be a caterer or craft person who has opted to take a partial or full deferred payment until after the film is released, (and presumably makes money) which, in effect, makes them "investors". I can't say "investor connect screening" is a common industry term, but that's how at least one of the clients I usually work for lists this type of these events on their scheduling calendar when they book me. (and I'm no fool- - I get my money up front!) I personally refer to them as "wine and cheese shows" since there's often hors d'oeuvres & booze involved.

Comment

They get free popcorn, too.

https://www.amctheatres.com/stockholders

Comment

Working...
          X