Digital Policy Trailers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Policy Trailers

I know this has come up before, but maybe things have changed.
    Where to get new policy trailers?

I don't know how creative you are, but why not create your own policy trailers with one of the many movie making tools out there and convert it to DCP via DCP-o-Matic?

Comment

Pretty sure Filmack is still going. At one time they had all the old Pike stuff also, for those looking for the retro/sleazy effect.

Comment

I don't know how creative you are, but why not create your own policy trailers with one of the many movie making tools out there and convert it to DCP via DCP-o-Matic?
        There comes a point where it is just easier and less time consuming to pay for things

Comment

That sounds like a complicated way of saying I'm too lazy. :P

But yeah, there is nobody in your community with some whizz-bang Premiere and/or AfterFX skills who can put a few flashy looking trailers together for their local art house? Only this time, remember to make backups.

Comment

What kind of policy clips do you want?

Maybe somebody, here, could whip something up for you.
            I have the software and know-how but I don’t know whether my style would be something you like. I could try. If you like it, okay. If you don’t, nothing lost.

I’m sure there are others who could do the same.

Comment

Comment

Oh, no! I’m stuck in the weird part of YouTube again!

Comment

Send me a note once you've found the normal part.
                  I've actually ran this little short once during a "Fright Night" marathon. Seeing the audience react to it is priceless.

Comment

With the right movie that would be a wonderful thing to put into the playlist!

Comment

It just occurs to me to ask: Does anyone have a collection of these ancient policy clips in dcp format that could be posted somewhere for downloading?

It could be fun to blow the dust off of some of that old stuff and get it on screen again sometimes.

Comment

Tim Reed has a bunch of them. Thanks to him, I'm playing the same "Prevues" trailer now that I played when I first started as a projectionist in 1975.

Comment

Maybe it's time to bring back an oldie but a goodie...

With the kind of computer animation we have, today, a trailer like that would be trivial to make.

Comment

Tarantino's Grind House (2007) Blu-Ray release contains a few of those generic trailers in purposefully dodgy quality, but at least it's in FullHD and lacks the usual blur and MPEG artifacts you'd otherwise find on those trailers on YouTube. As for the "Follow the Sun" horror-short, you can get that in FullHD format from the makers: MK12.

Comment

I had a great time putting together policy trailers for our theater. Gave me an excuse to use all my fancy toys for something productive, for once...

While something DIY will never be as polished as something from, say, Dolby, people really like seeing something made specifically for the theater they're in.

Comment

Working...
                              X