Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sean Connery has departed the planet

I wonder what movie of his would draw the best crowd as a "tribute?"

Man Who Would Be King was a favorite of mine.

Comment

Darby O'Gill and the Little People, of course

Comment

Y'all are wrong..the obvious choice: The Hunt For Red October.

Was surprised to hear about this, saw it earlier today when I logged into my YouTube account. Hard to believe he was 90(!) years old...he always was timeless to me.

Comment

What's sad is, he'll probably be just as remembered for all those goofy SNL "Celebrity Jeopardy" skits (where he was played by Darrell Hammond) than for the movies he made himself.

They are pretty hilarious though, you have to admit. "Suck it, Trebek!"

Comment

That's what your mother said, Trebek!

Comment

It could only be Zardoz.

Comment

The Untouchables

Comment

I'll be watching Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade tonight with my wife in our screening room...

Probably not really a Sean Connery movie but still a classic feel-good adventure movie (featuring Sean Connery). I'm afraid it will be a bitch to license it for public viewing, but it's Viacom/Paramount and not Disney for a change, so it might not be impossible.

Comment

I'll put in a vote for Outland. It was a pretty good sci-fi re-make of High Noon.

Originally posted by Mike Blakesley
                    What's sad is, he'll probably be just as remembered for all those goofy SNL "Celebrity Jeopardy" skits (where he was played by Darrell Hammond) than for the movies he made himself.
                    I loved the episode where they had a category called "Therapists." Hammond as Sean Connery goes, "Looks like my lucky day. I'll take The Rapists for $200." In another episode there was a category was called "catch these men." Naturally Connery said, "I'll take catch the semen for $800." Trebek says, "it's not catch the semen." Connery replies, "is that what the mustache for Trebek?"

Comment

I played Raiders of the Lost Ark a little while back and they sent me a hard drive with the entire Indiana Jones series on it. In fact, I still have it.

So they are licensing it for public viewing.

Comment

We played the "Last Crusade" in 70mm. The last reel was destroyed at the transfer lab and the replacement came into the booth while the second last reel was on the screen. A very close call as it came by bus from Detroit. All of the sprocket holes were torn off along the one edge of the film. This was found during the inspection phase of our showing.

Comment

We are going all in this week. Weather looks in the high 60's so maybe last shot to do anything at the drive in but Dr. No and Goldfinger on one screen and Kevin Costner in the new Let him go and then teaming up with Sean Connery in Untouchables. Hey the spooky stuff that worked all of October won't mean much now and there's not a whole lot else out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Cox View Post
                            I played Raiders of the Lost Ark a little while back and they sent me a hard drive with the entire Indiana Jones series on it. In fact, I still have it.

So they are licensing it for public viewing.
                            I guess we're lucky those three movies are still under distribution contract at Viacom.

Comment

Most of the James Bond movies played at the Royal Theatre on Polk St in San Francisco. They had a great wide CinemaScope® screen and the movies Sean were in always looked and sounded extra special at this Blumenfeld Theatre in SF, torn down for a condo but they kept some of the front but took off the marquee.

The Castro Theatre needs to re open and show all the James Bond movies with Sean Connery 24/7 for a 1 week return engagement on 35mm film or DCP. Turn up the Shirley Bassey opening credits in full stereo surround!

Comment

Working...
                              X