Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to convert & upload manuals to Film Tech?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to convert & upload manuals to Film Tech?

Anyone know how to convert manual scanned to PDF & upload them to Film-Tech?

I would send an email to Bmiller@film-tech(dot)com.

Comment

Most scanners include some kind of built-in capacity to make PDFs, but they often will only do that with images that that scanner has just created itself. Pre-existing images (such as JPGs) will likely need some other way to get PDF-ized.
      Happily, I can recommend an online site "smallpdf.com" which offers, among other things, a JPG to PDF converter. It's done entirely online, no need to download anything, and it's free. Although the site offers other conversion types as well, here is the link to the specific web page that does it from JPG images to PDF: < https://smallpdf.com/jpg-to-pdf >
      I've used it several times with no problems, including one rather large conversion involving a document that was around 100 pages, and it handled that one with no complaints.

Comment

My recommendation is to pay attention to the original page sizes and match if possible and to also have a conversion from scan to text, if the scan is good enough (if the scan is poor or the source is poor than a text conversion may not be good or worth it). When F-T gets the manual they will append the customary first page. Note, I haven't seen them interested in DCinema manuals as most of them (if not all) are already in PDF form and available from the manufacturers. The Warehouse mostly has manuals from the days of offset printing (or outright Xerography, if not Ditto) where, if there was no other warehouse, would have no good way to distribute. Plus many of those companies simply don't exist anymore.

Comment

In my Epson V600 once you create and save the first PDF it asks you if you want to add more or save the file. It's very easy... but also very time consuming in a non-auto feed scanner. The PDF's come out great though.

Comment

https://imagemagick.org/index.php

convert *.jpg file.pdf

That takes all of the files in the current directory named *.jpg and makes a pdf file out of it.

Comment

I've been using Adobe Acrobat Pro and Nitro Pro for those tasks. Both are commercial products, but Adobe Acrobat Pro comes as part of several of the Adobe suite subscriptions. My personal favorite is Nitro Pro though, I find Acrobat to be overly bloated.

Those professional PDF editors allow you to compress pages and also to do some OCR on scans. You can also mass-import JPEG files and bundle them into "PDF books". They also feature tools to remove some artifacts from scanned pages.

Comment

Working...
              X