No announcement yet.

Peacock has a great first quarter, they only lost $634 million

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peacock was probably boosted by the release of Oppenheim on streaming, which I watched in the cinema.

There are way, way too many streaming services for them all to be successful. Netflix, Amazon Prime (MGM), Apple TV, Disney Plus, Hulu, Paramount Plus, Peacock, Starz (Lionsgate), and HBO Max. The only major studio without its own streaming service currently is Sony, which is in talks to acquire/absorb Paramount. Who wants to pay for NINE streaming services?

Comment

Originally posted by Harold Hallikainen View Post
      On streaming UI (now called UX), I ignore the pretty pictures with unreadable text and just use the search feature. Another annoying thing about several of the UIs is that if you click on the pretty picture to read more about the content, it starts playing the content. As I recall, Netflix has a setting to disable that, but they seem to ignore the setting.
      You tube plays about 15 seconds or so of the content, then it stops. Even using just the search feature on most streaming apps just brings you back to pretty pictures again, especially IF there are movies with any similarities in the title. Hopefully, soon, we'll all be able to do it by speech recognition instead...

Comment

You can do that now, on the Dish network. You just say what you want and then it goes to whatever channel, service or whatever you need to see it. I have not tried this out myself, but that's what it says in their onscreen blurb.

Comment

That will solve a lot of problems when it is applied to other streaming services...

Comment

Working...
          X