Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The next time I want to see Timothée Chalamet I’ll do it from the comfort of my couch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At my drive-in theatre, when I advertise the movie starts at 7:45pm, the movie starts at 7:45pm. Been doing it that way for 21 years. Between my countdown timer, national anthem, policy trailers, Screen Visions ad packs, and 3 trailers - it clocks in right at 23 minutes. My GDC SR1000's automatically start the playlist 19:22:00 for a 19:45:00 show time. I never play more than 3 trailers before any feature. I don't like sitting through them, and my customers probably don't either. 2023 was the first year I've ever played ads before the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Floyd View Post
      At my drive-in theatre, when I advertise the movie starts at 7:45pm, the movie starts at 7:45pm. Been doing it that way for 21 years. Between my countdown timer, national anthem, policy trailers, Screen Visions ad packs, and 3 trailers - it clocks in right at 23 minutes. My GDC SR1000's automatically start the playlist 19:22:00 for a 19:45:00 show time. I never play more than 3 trailers before any feature. I don't like sitting through them, and my customers probably don't either. 2023 was the first year I've ever played ads before the movie.
      Did your Screen Vision contracts make exceptions because you are a drive in? Others said most ad contracts prevent someone from advertising a start time after the ads already rolled.

I much prefer your approach as a patron, and wish everyone could do so, but curious how you swung it.

Comment

Never heard anything about that. That was never mentioned to me. If they got a problem with it, I'll simply quit running ads. Not changing what I've done for 20+ years for some ads.

Comment

Working...
        X