• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who ever knew..

Please delete post... Thanks!

? .

Comment

Went to post the image and the file is corrupted. Hence the please delete.

Comment

Best cliffhanger ever, Mark!

Comment

Was this the picture?

this-is-thailand-overloaded-cargo-005-1597423808.jpg​

Comment

Oh Mark, you scamp. Trying to boost your post count again?

Comment

Similar... but a different subject. I still have the original file. Will try again with that in the next day or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Bandiera Jr View Post
                Oh Mark, you scamp. Trying to boost your post count again?
                Well, I am retired, so not very familiar with laser stuff. Not that that really matters...

Comment

Anyway, at last, here is the picture. I drove past this truck in Alpine, WY for many years. Didn't know someone else had stolen and used the name.
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Yeah, but I think they can get away with it because the "CO" is in smaller type, "BARco."

Comment

It's a different industry and it's not a "famous mark".

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Stankey View Post
                        Yeah, but I think they can get away with it because the "CO" is in smaller type, "BARco."
                        Looks like it's all the same style and type size to me...

Comment

It's subtle. Only a couple of pixels difference. (Pixels in your picture.) If you look, you can barely notice.

The kerning between the R and C is slightly wider, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Stankey View Post
                            It's subtle. Only a couple of pixels difference. (Pixels in your picture.) If you look, you can barely notice.

The kerning between the R and C is slightly wider, too.
                            Considering it was probably painted by hand back in the 1970's I am not surprised its a little inconsistant. A lot of the charm in old signage is due to the slight inconsistances. Especially in Neon stuff.

Comment

By hand but probably with stencils else the different faces of the truck wouldn't be consistent.

The difference is still there on the front face of the truck body. I'm confident that the difference was deliberate.

1) "Bar-Co" vs. "Barco."

2) The name of the company on the truck probably predates the projector manufacturer.

Comment

Working...
                              X