Need To ID Strange DC connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need To ID Strange DC connector

This DC connector is for external power on my Phase One digital back that goes on my Hasselblad. I have never seen one like it before and Phase One is a Danish company. So possibly some sort of Scandanavian connector? Can anyone out there that sees this identify it so I can get spares?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

First I thought it could be D-Tap, but on second inspection it seems to be too small for that. On second inspection it looks like something from an old 70s TI calculator I used to own... It most likely has a fancy acronym somewhere...

Comment

Can't ID it, might be proprietary. But this looks like a match that you could snip off and use.

50300082_0487.jpg

https://www.digitalback.com/product/...able-solution/

Comment

LOL, John, that's exactly what I did. Have two of those very connectors. The whole problem with this back all along has been the horrible EPC-100C lead acid batteries going bad. The last one didn't even last me a year. So I replaced it with an inexpensive rechargable pack I bought from Amazon. It's working great so far. Would just like a nice clean power cable to go between the power pack and the 1394 repeater. For now the shrink wrap will do.

Comment

Recently came across the same problem with a Sonicwall firewall/router. I was re-using it in another installation, and whoever removed it from its original location forgot to unplug and pack up the wall wart along with it. The power supply it needs is very ordinary - 12 volts at 1.5 amps, but of course the physical connector was a weird, proprietary one (looks a little bit like a Phoenix connector). The cost of an OEM replacement is in to BOHICA territory. I was on the verge of chopping off the coaxial connector of a generic 12v wall wart, opening up the box and soldering it in ... but wait, there's a gotcha. The box is a FIPS enclosure, and doing that would brick it. So I had to buy an OEM replacement.

That really annoyed me - using a nonstandard connector was simply a crude and petty way for them to make money on parts.

Comment

Working...
          X