Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Raquel Welch

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64657781​

As much attention as she got in her life, her heyday really came before I was really aware of her. The one and only thing I ever saw her in was the movie "Mother, Jugs and Speed" which I actually liked quite a bit. That's another one in the long and growing list of "movies that would never get made today." It was kind of an odd mix of comedy and drama. Bill Cosby was the best thing in it, until he wrecked his career and rendered it basically an "unmovie," to paraphrase from the "Nineteen-Eighty-Four" lexicon. I still like it though and thought Raquel did a good job in it. It's one of those guilty pleasure movies for me.

Comment

She was surprisingly modest, natural, funny and un-Diva like, or so it seemed for such a ravishing beauty. Set the bar amazingly high for Latina girls everywhere. RIP.

Comment

Link is dead, so here is another....
        Raquel Welch, a Hollywood sex symbol and '60s actress famous for her roles in One Million Years B.C. and Myra Breckinridge, has died at 82.

Comment

Raquel Welch wanted to be taken more seriously as an actress, but being arguably one of the most devastatingly beautiful women ever (at least famous ones that is) it was tough for her to make her acting and comedy chops surpass her beauty. I think I was around 8 years old, watching The Three Musketeers wishing I could be a grown-up so I could be with her.

Comment

One of my favorite tales told by her was when making Fantastic Voyage during the scene with the antibodies the actors were notably avoiding her breasts until the director called "cut" and she had to inform them it was OK.

Comment

Working...
            X