Cinerama Theatre pictured in The Fablemans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cinerama Theatre pictured in The Fablemans

In The Fablemans, just before they leave AZ for California, there is a street scene with an unknown building in the background with a Cinerama sign on the side. Does anyone know what Theatre that is/was. I suspect from searching the internet that it was the Kachina Cinema in Scottsdale AZ. Can anyone confirm that?

The Kachina Theater...

Comment

That Cinerama® sign was just a photo shop gimmick that was added to a building to ad to the time of the movie I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Monohan View Post
        That Cinerama® sign was just a photo shop gimmick that was added to a building to ad to the time of the movie I think.
        Haven't seen it yet, but will this coming weekend... But I will say that lots of 35mm footage does exist of most of the Cinerama theaters of the past...

Comment

Here are a couple of screen shots of the Kachina. First one from the film, and second one of the actual theater. Supposedly, the theater was demolished in 2001, and looking on Google Earth there appears to be a shopping mall there now. But the movie recreation is pretty darn good.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Working...
          X