Svenhard's Swedish Bakery Downfall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Svenhard's Swedish Bakery Downfall

Such a shame the great bakery Svenhard's from Oakland CA moved a few years ago to the Central Valley Exeter CA. Their product is not the same. They have filled for bankruptcy and have a few sex worker suits against them. Most of their former items have changed, not much cinnamon or raisins in the small snails. Forget the nice bear claws, no almonds on top and very little filling. The first product listed is SUGAR, then later corn syrup and artificial flavors and colors. Seems like just before they left the Oakland plant they stopped using corn syrup and many other things not good for you. They had 4 treats per pack now down to 3 small items. One of the best things Svenhard's had many years ago was their popular apple strudel, no longer available or made. Let's hope they can go back and bring back the old recipes we all liked in the past. Raise the prices If they have to. They fired all the drivers they had and have the Bimbo Bread drivers deliver now.

Originally posted by Terry Monohan View Post
    They have filled for bankruptcy and have a few sex worker suits against them.
    Let me guess, the local hookers weren't too pleased with the sugar and artificial flavors and colors?

Comment

From what I read a few of the women employees at the bakery have taken the company to court after they were sexualy harrased at the work place. I think they won their case, that's why management have short changed the pastries to make up for all the money they had to pay out. Or did they reach a out of court settlement and give the girls free toned down danish for the rest of their life?

Comment

Even though those young ladies weren't well bread, they deserved butter! Apparently, the baker got a rise out of them & kept commenting on their hot buns, & had dreams of muffin' around with them in his 'oven of lovin', but his plans went a rye. His kneady advances went against the girls' grain, and when they threatened to expose him, he told them they were toast, which was a crumby thing to do.
        He tried to butter them up by sending flours, but the ladies turned around & sued him for a lot of dough.
        ( I could probably come up with a few more half-baked bread puns, but they're all pretty stale)
        Last edited by Jim Cassedy; 04-22-2020, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X