No announcement yet.

Trailers with swearing in them.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always wondered how long Carlin worked on that list of words, tweaking it until it had the right rhythm and all.

“And ‘tits’ doesn’t even belong on the list! It’s such a FRIENDLY sounding word. Sounds like a nickname… ‘hey Tits, meet Toots!’”

Comment

Nice. I wonder if you could say Dicksucker instead of cocksucker.

Comment

You have to say Richard-Inhaler... Of COURSE, you can say cocksucker! "Cock" is in the Bible! "Sucker" is only suggestive as hell.

Comment

He really was a genius. Great that we have lots of his material preserved. Unfortunately, we are not quite as lucky with Lenny Bruce's body of work.

Comment

WTF? Since I deal mostly with private screenings, I don't usually get to run, or see, trailers.
            That being said, one of the commercial theaters I have some connection with recently pulled
            an 'offensive'' trailer off the head of "Marcel The Shell" - - and also recently began issuing
            instructions for projection-techs to build two trailer playlists- - one for the afternoon/evening
            shows, and another one for the after 6pm "evening crowd", I've also been doing some work
            for ALAMO, and all trailer placement decisions for their theaters nationwide are made by their
            head office in Texas. There have been a couple of instances where the trailer line-ups for
            'kid friendly' films have been changed after complaints from people in some city somewhere.
            A trailer that is perfectly acceptable here in San Francisco, for example, folks in some other
            parts of the country might find offensive. As my dad used to say "ya' can't please everybody"

Comment

Ah...different sensitivities in different parts of the country? Hmmm...Texas ~ San Francisco...I can see that.

Comment

Working...
              X