Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"ELVIS" question (for people who may be even older than me)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "ELVIS" question (for people who may be even older than me)

What do the initials on the Elvis movie logo stand for? CTB or possibly TCB.
    Attached Files

In other stupid questions, how the heck do you make a picture appear in a post without it being an "attached file" like this is?

Comment

The "TCB" stands for "Taking Care Of Business" which, if my memory is correct
      was what he nicknamed his back-up band & singers on one of his concert tours
      in the late 1960's. I think the logo was stenciled on their band equipment cases.

As for how to embed a picture-- sorry, I can only answer one stupid question a day.

Comment

It's interesting how people can be intrigued by the same little things, as I also noticed the TCB logo in the trailer for the movie.

Jim's memory seems to be correct though:

Elvis Presley: The Meaning of TCB (liveabout.com)

You might have heard of the term "TCB" and have no idea what it stands for or why it's connected to Elvis Presley. The initials TCB. stand for "Taking Care of Business," which is what Presley called his band when he returned to the concert circuit in 1969. The letters appear as a logo or emblem, along with a lightning bolt, which means "taking care of business in a flash." This emblem was used in several pieces of Presley's custom jewelry, including his famous TCB ring and necklace. "Taking Care of Business" was a mantra and a point of pride for Presley and his entourage, known as the Memphis Mafia. And, you'll even see the logo when you visit Graceland.
        As for how to embed images in your post:

Instead of clicking on the "Upload Attachments" or "Upload from URL" buttons, click on the little "Image" button in the toolbar above the text window and you'll get a popup that allows you to embed an image. The trick is usually to first go to the "Upload" tab, select the image from your local hard drive, "Send it to Server", then go back to the "Image info" tab to tune it in such way it fits into your post.

Comment

bucket.jpeg

Comment

image580655x.jpg

Comment

TCB = "Taking Care of Business."

The motto of the Memphis Mafia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memphis_Mafia

Comment

Working...
              X