Rip richard long

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rip richard long

On Saturday Rick Long Sr one of the best long time service engineers in Canada passed away. He started as a second generation projectionist before working at General Soun and then Best Theatre Supply.
    All round gentleman and in many ways a true renaissance man and a great friend. Though retired for many years he will be sorely missed.
    Richard Leslie Long
    Oct 12th, 1945 to Jan 22nd, 2022.

So sorry to hear this. Knew him way back and he was so smart and so droll. Great fun!

My condolences to Rick Jr. and family.

Comment

I remember a Rick Long giving me a tour of the Uptown many years ago, maybe ‘92 or ‘93. If I recall correctly we had to walk across the roof to get to the upstairs booth. Seemed like a nice fellow. RIP. . .

Comment

t is with heavy hearts that the family announces the passing of Richard (Rick) Long, 76 years, on January 22, 2022 at Tendercare Living Centre in Scarborough. Beloved father to Rick (Sheila), James (Shannon), Jason (Caroline) and Grandpa to True, Sarine, Ryan and Elizabeth. Predeceased by his beloved wife Christine who were married 39 years at the time of her passing in 2007.

Rick was born in Bournemouth England in 1945 and came to Canada in 1946 where the family settled in Trenton Ontario. After high school Rick followed in his fathers' footsteps becoming a motion picture projectionist, later installing and servicing this equipment until his retirement in 2007.

Rick enjoyed the company of friends, enjoying a beer and never turning down a good game of trivia . He was dedicated to his cats Boris and Natasha, who were never without pets, treats and a lot of love. A Private Family Service will be held in Chapel of Highland Park Funeral Centre, Peterborough on Monday, January 31st, 2022 with interment to follow in Highland Park cemetery.

In lieu of flowers, raise a glass to Rick.

Online condolences may be expressed at www.highlandparkfuneralcentre.com

Comment

Never got to meet him, but it's always sad to hear of other Techs passing away. All that knowledge.....?
          RIP...

Comment

Working...
          X