Ken Layton 1955-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken Layton 1955-2021

I'm sorry to announce the passing of Ken Layton. Ken was an exceptional technician and had an encyclopedic knowledge of 16mm equipment. He will certainly be missed. I have no other information except what's in his obituary, which Justin West forwarded to me.

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/na ... besrtLLyiU

Ken had a varied and fun-filled (seriously!) career repairing pinball machines, video games, old movie projectors, old radios, and old cameras. He was self-taught: reading books, magazine articles, talking to various people in person and over the phone, and as technology changed, the Internet. Over the years, he became one of the most knowledgeable references for the repairing of arcade and theater projection equipment, and was well known for helping people throughout the United States and around the world with his wisdom and advice.

Awful news. Along with Ken's extensive knowledge, he had a generosity of spirit that shown thru any conversation you would have with him. His gentle manner was unrushed...he gave you his full attention and there was never a question, no matter how silly it might sound, with which he was not willing to spend time to help you. Start off with a question about the stupidly designed, always failing rubber focusing mechanism on the Eiki 16mm, and you could wind up pondering the mysteries of life in the galaxy with him. More than a decade my Junior, he had wisdom that enlightens me to this day. He was much too young. Ken will be missed.

Comment

RIP Ken! You were the exact same age as I am.

Comment

Oh, wow. So sorry to hear this. He was helpful to me on a number of occasions, and no doubt an excellent technician. He will be missed.

Comment

geeze, more sad news...another 'reel' person... rip ken, gonna miss your wit and knowlege...

Comment

This is a terrible time. I am so sorry for Ken's friends and Family. It seems like a lot of us are passing away lately. Its a good time to remember that life is too short and we should cherish every moment of it!

Comment

Working...
            X