No announcement yet.

Classic Films Belong on the Biggest Screens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's great to see, but I'm not sure he really gets it. Some cinemas are better than VOD, SVOD, and physical home media. Some cinemas are absolutely inferior.​
    In the world according to CInemaCon, every theatrical screen is an iMax Big D Super Deluxe Gargantutron Dolby Vision Atmos DTS SDDS SR-D PLF screen. And all the weekends are opening ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geoff Jones View Post
      Harkins Theaters is showing Spider-Man (2002) on their premium screens tonight,.....
      The entire SPIDERMAN series library is apparently doing a re-release run at a number of
      theaters, including the venue I'm at. We are, wherever possible, running 35mm copies of
      all the titles. The original 2002 SPIDERMAN ran last week in 35mm and this week it's
      SPIDERMAN-2, also in 35mm. It's in our largest auditorium mostly because that's the
      only one that has 35/70m, capability.

> Last time I checked, on May 4th, we're also going to be one of only about a dozen
      theaters in the US that will be showing all nine STAR WARS titles, in one 21 hour
      marathon screening. Tickets were $90 and all 300-something seats sold out almost
      as quickly as they went online.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Cassedy View Post

The entire SPIDERMAN series library is apparently doing a re-release run at a number of
        theaters, including the venue I'm at. We are, wherever possible, running 35mm copies of
        all the titles. The original 2002 SPIDERMAN ran last week in 35mm and this week it's
        SPIDERMAN-2, also in 35mm. It's in our largest auditorium mostly because that's the
        only one that has 35/70m, capability.

> Last time I checked, on May 4th, we're also going to be one of only about a dozen
        theaters in the US that will be showing all nine STAR WARS titles, in one 21 hour
        marathon screening. Tickets were $90 and all 300-something seats sold out almost
        as quickly as they went online.
        21 Hours... omg. Have fun! I'm frankly surprised we don't do more of that here. Whenever I see an installment booked i'm like, where are the others!

This summer includes these "parts", lol.
        Godfarther II
        Grease 2
        Terminator 2
        Star Trek II
        And Muppet Movie (which always goes well with other muppet movies!, though I get young kids can't usually handle doubles and marathons, but next day?)

Comment

Working...
        X