Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silly signs around town (and now at my theatre)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly signs around town (and now at my theatre)

The chap who runs the hardware store started putting silly stuff on his sign a couple of weeks back. "I heard someone took a leek at the grocery store." "Someone stole a toilet, police have nothing to go on", and so forth. It sort of caught on and now there's a bunch of the stores that have put something silly on their sign or into their window.

I just finished putting mine up:

20210612_162755.jpg
    I guess I took the picture at the wrong time of day; there's sure a lot of glare in it.

Maybe you should offer a free matinee ticket or a free medium popcorn or something like that to everybody who managed to photograph all of them.

Comment

I see that about a third of the downtown businesses have a silly sign on their window or on a signboard today. The butcher shop says "Our steaks are bovine".

The best one today is this one at the credit union:
      20210614_131914.jpg

Comment

How about a promotion - a free movie ticket to see Hang 'em High if you buy that 500 feet of rope?

Comment

I talked to the town constable for a minute today (the dog catcher, parking ticket writer, messy yards person). She complimented me on my sign and said, "I wish they would let me put a sign on my truck."

I said, "What would you say? Gone to the dogs?"

"Heck no," she said. "Sleeping. Do not disturb!"

Comment

quit-stealing-letter-funny-signs.jpg

More punny signs here.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Cox View Post
              I see that about a third of the downtown businesses have a silly sign on their window or on a signboard today. The butcher shop says "Our steaks are bovine".
              When I was a kid, my father owned a steak restaurant. The slogan on the sign, outside, said,

SKYWAY TAVERN
              You can't beat our meat!

Yes! It really said that!
              No lie!

Comment

20210629_130159.jpg

Comment

I took this picture back around the turn of the century and I still find it funny. Looks like a great dead-end-job opportunity:

Attached Files

Comment

I see that the guys at the hardware store have put up a new one today. It took me a minute to figure this one out:

20210809_125825.jpg

Comment

Working...
                    X