Burlesque Star Tempest Storm Has Died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burlesque Star Tempest Storm Has Died

Just heard from some of my old burlesque friends in Las Vegas 'The Queen Of Erotic Dancers' Tempest Storm has passed away about 90 mn ago tonight Tues April 20 2021

She played for many years in Oakland CA at the famous El Rey Burlesque Theatre at 35th and San Pablo Ave . Tempest was 93 years old and had complications with hip surgery.

I met Tempest many years ago when they brought her on stage at the Mitchell Bros Theatre in San Francisco. It was sold out for the few days she was in San Francisco. Also saw her in Palm Springs CA at the Fabulous Follies Show .

Tempest Storm was very popular also at the Moulin Rouge Theatre in Oakland and many other burlesque Theatres around the world.

I have many of Miss Storms movie theatre ads that were placed in the movie theatre listings section of newspapers. She was popular with many military personal during the mid 1940's. & 50's.

Not too many of these original burlesque girls still left and Tempest Storm with her long red hair and great show girl legs will always be remembered. So long Tempest may you dance up in the heavens forever your friend Terry.

I keep thinking "Snake Farm" Ray Willie Hubbards song that mentions her. I recall her as well playing the Moulin Rouge, a tatty grind house on Oakland's 9th Street if memory serves.

Comment

Working...
    X