Let Him Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let Him Go

Now here's a darn good movie! It's aimed at an older audience than most movies but it's a really engaging story. Now I'm going to have to get around to reading the novel one of these days.

A retired sheriff and his wife go on a road trip to find their grandson in the early 1960's. I really enjoy the look of some movies that are set in the 60's like this -- it's fun to see the old cars and home appliances and streetscapes. I guess they are pretty much what I remember from when I was a kid. The one goof that I noticed is that the water cooler in the sheriff's office looks a lot more modern than it would have been at that time (I think), but other than that the whole thing looks pretty authentic to me.

It's pretty intense, overall.

This is the best movie I've played recently, though I don't imagine the younger crowd will be much interested in it.

Hmm. I thought this was a political post...

Comment

Political post, no.

images.jpg
      Hitching post, maybe.

(There's a fair amount of horsing around in this movie....)

Comment

Just finished reading the book.

Meh.

The movie is much better; certainly a lot more dramatic than the book. The order of events is slightly different and the final confrontation is implied rather than described. Maybe I'm just not a fan of Larry Watson's style of writing; I've never read any of his books before.

Ultimately, this is an occasion where I'll certainly recommend the movie, but the book that it's based on really isn't up to much.

Comment

Working...
        X