Late Night With The Devil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late Night With The Devil

Our group enjoyed this new horror comedy from Australia. Watched at the CineMark Century Daly City Theatre Film Handler's Forum The film was shot in 1.85 but has a ton of aspect ratio changes. Moves a bit slow at first but they truly made It look like a late night TV show on tape with commercial edited breaks ect. shown on Halloween night in 1977.

Loved the effects but the stereo surround sound was lacking just mostly TV studio audience sound. Had to travel to see it as no theatres in the Santa Cruz CA area are showing it. With a big UC college in the Santa Cruz area you would think CineLux, Syufy Westwind or Landmark would have booked It two weeks ago when first It came out.

Will make a great midnight movie showing. So nice to see a movie without bad words (except 2) and no guns It was rated R I guess for the devil part.

They also needed to add two more small guest acts on the live TV show besides the physic before the devil interview came on. The possessed little girl 'Lilly' and her therapist 'June" were great. Jack the TV late night host had some nice frightened parts.

Don't be scared book the movie bring back the old days of a live in person stage devil show. Frighten the TV streamer gang and get them out of the house. Let the church worshipers picket your theatre for publicity!

Too bad they did not release the movie around Trick Or Treat Time in Oct 2023. I hear the movie was made in late 2022 but now is getting a USA release. Many people are talking about the (3) AI segments in the movie that they added in 2023 I have no idea what they were.

We did an advance preview screening of this about 3 weeks ago, which included a live
    Q&A with the director and I think some of the cast.
    ( I didn't actually work that show because I was busy with 70mm DuneĀ² in another
    auditorium) It does seem to be doing reasonably good business here in SF though.

Comment

The 'Late Night With The Devil' movie finally opened today at least near Santa Cruz in Watsonville CA at the Cinelux Green Valley night showings only. I guess they think the Devil does not come out for matinee showings. Maybe they are trying to shelter the Watsonville kids as this is the only movie cinema in this town. Now my local Santa Cruz movie friends can go see this fun movie and travel a few miles.

Comment

Working...
      X