Corsicana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsicana

We showed Corsicana this week. The western movie is about Marshal Bass Reeves which is a part of our history that I knew nothing about until I booked the movie.
    Being an indie film, it is made and promoted with a smaller budget. The movie is rated "R" and some of the violence can be intense. It is a beautiful film shot in Texas.
    The people who came to the theater this weekend, really enjoyed the movie with a few showing ending with applause. The film did win best western at the Cann Film Festival.

This review is more about the studio and the people involved in the movie. These people reminded me of the way Hollywood should be. They were so appreciative that we were showing the movie and thankful to those who came out to see it. They were very easy to work with.
    They sent us an autographed poster, thanking the community for coming to see the movie. We proudly hung it in the lobby and people were impressed but people where most impressed with the thank you video they made for us. We ran it before the movie. We got the video the day before we were to open it.. Sent it to Liberated Images who converted it to DCP so our projector would play it for $20.00 bucks... well worth it.
    I wish I could get more studios to show this kind of appreciation.

If you have an empty screen, this movie might do pretty well for you. I wish we had a second screen to hold this movie over for a second week. Since there is no major marketing for the film, it relies on word of mouth.. I think we would have done well with it the second week after people saw it and started talking about it. Rarely and I sad to see a movie be sent back. I am generally ready to send the movie back and move on to the next one, but this movie made me a little sad to return and more to the next film. The people were so nice and appreciated, I truly wanted the movie to do well for them..

This is the video they made for us:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0giYSt88QPo
Working...
X