Kings Daughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kings Daughter

This new movie 'Kings Daughter' just released was filmed back in 2014. We enjoyed all the big fountains used in Versailles France and other locations. A older Pierce. Brosnan did a ok job with his long hair and hand moves with all his rings.

We watched the movie at the CineLux Scotts Valley Cinema near Santa Cruz CA on their special Tuesday discount day. Shown in auditorium #7 on the large curved CinemaScope® screen with great rich surround sound.

The whole movie to me had a orange tint to It. I don't know why they do this on so many films. It takes away from the rich color like Blue's/Greens ect. I guess they want to show a old type look to the movie? So nice to see a new movie shot in some great locations. The only very fake segments were probably shot in LA CA or Australia were the underground water fountain pumps and the under sea creature was kept. The mermaid held captive looked so animated in the face most of the time.

Because of Covid concerns I think in the last month so many people are staying away again from seeing interesting new movies like 'Kings Daughter' in a movie auditorium, they are missing this wonderful water type story with good music and outside/inside rich locations.

Many of the older seniors in the Scotts Valley Cinema Tuesday seemed to enjoy the story. Sad many moviegoers will not see this film on a large scope screen in a movie cinema. They may not even see it on streaming TV or hear about It as the studios don't seem to advertise these days. It's a tame movie with no sex or bad language but not a Disney type mermaid fairy tale. Check It out as there is not much playing lately.

Thanks to my local cinema in Scotts Valley CA that we go to weekly with our masks on for holding on a little longer till people feel safe to attend a big screen feature. We love their popcorn!

Terry Sez: "The whole movie to me had a orange tint to It. I don't know why they do this on so many films."

If the orange-ish color really bothers you, I'd definitely plan on NOT seeing CYRANO. It's got more orange in it than
    a Florida citrus grove.

> Jim Sarcastically Suggests: Or, you could wear lightly tinted blue/violet sun glasses & it will cancel out the orange tint.

Comment

Working...
    X