Downhill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downhill

Greetings, I have not yet seen this film, but I understand many people dislike it. Critics hate it and everyone is complaining that the movie was NOT funny. I myself never saw the film as a comedy. I understood it to be a slow paced drama. Does anyone know why so many people think that this film is a "laugh out lout comedy" ? ? Mike

The trailer is very "lighthearted", and the official website calls it a "biting comedy." Throw in two leading stars who are known for broad comedy, and you've got some expectations to overcome.

Comment

This is a remake of the 2014 Swedish film Force Majeure, an uncomfortable but excellent movie that was very well-reviewed. Rent or stream that and ignore this one.

Comment

Martin, I really don''t get why the official website would list this as a "biting comedy". It's really a drama. One or two light laughs do not count a film as a comedy. So in a way, the studio shoots itself in the foot by mislabeling the movie on their website and making a misleading trailer. Go figure.

Comment

There are many bloody feet in studio land;>

Comment

Working...
          X