Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Brainwrapcomics (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Brainwrapcomics
Andrew Shingleton
Film Handler

- posted 07-04-2004 06:19 PM      Profile for Andrew Shingleton   Email Andrew Shingleton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.brainwrapcomics.com/bwcover.html

I stumbled on this while looking for other random things this morning. Couldn't find any reference to it on film-tech so I thought I'd post it here. Not bad, but not the funniest thing I've ever seen either. Parts of it certainily ring true for those of us in the movie business... [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Robert Stawiarski
Film Handler

- posted 07-04-2004 07:05 PM      Profile for Robert Stawiarski     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know why I never thought to post this before... I worked with him at two different jobs. Extremely funny guy in person. He literally could make any story hilarious just by the way he tells it. His caricatures are top notch, too.... especially when you know the identities behind them. Good ol' "Martin." [Cool]

Andrew Shingleton
Film Handler

- posted 07-04-2004 07:40 PM      Profile for Andrew Shingleton   Email Andrew Shingleton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a feeling that a lot of it would have been based on real people, which would make it all the better if you actually knew who was being depicted.

It's funny how I guess almost every cinema must have the same sort of culture - so much of the comic is very much like situations and people that I know and work with here. [Smile]

Kyle Thiessen
Film Handler

- posted 07-04-2004 08:18 PM      Profile for Kyle Thiessen   Author's Homepage   Email Kyle Thiessen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I find Brainwrap Comics totally annoying.

And it's not drawn very well, either.

Nor can I relate to any of it. It's all crap! [fu]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-04-2004 09:12 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah Kyle, that guy really sucks. [Razz]

So did you ever learn booth? Surely you made it past that first day of sweating blood while building the Crimson Tide standee.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 07-05-2004 12:20 AM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose the humor in the comic strip could be better, but then again it's not all that bad coming from an amateur devoting the strip to the experience of working in a movie theater.

It's not all that badly drawn either. In fact, it is pretty decent. At least the line work is clean, the color use is good and the figures don't look "dead." Sure, it doesn't rival the work of John Byrne, but the guy isn't being paid by Marvel. That's just my professional opinion.

Kyle Thiessen
Film Handler

- posted 07-05-2004 12:25 AM      Profile for Kyle Thiessen   Author's Homepage   Email Kyle Thiessen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not only did I eventually learn booth, but I finally got to shovel some popcorn!

I learned projection, which was bittersweet. I really really enjoyed it and took immense pride in providing the best picture and sound quality possible. Only problem was, management had other ideas...

...and at this rate, these experiences will be depicted in the comic in about 17 years.

(Coincidentally, projectionists will be introduced in "Brainwrap Comics" in the upcoming update, July 15.)

And yes, I miss it. (Projection, that is. Not shoveling popcorn.) [Razz]

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 07-05-2004 10:53 AM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I laughed at it and I've never worked in a theater. But it rings true anyway. [Wink]

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 07-05-2004 02:36 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was very well impressed. Top-flight.
quote: Bobby Henderson
That's just my professional opinion.
You're a professional comic book artist and writer?

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-05-2004 03:49 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He's a professional graphic artist.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-05-2004 06:15 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Regardless of any qualifications on my part, I still found them quite entertaining.

Joe, somewhere in the archives you posted some similar drawings you used to do. You should bump those up at some point.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 07-05-2004 06:42 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was teh ghey! Really well done and funny as hell!

Great work Kyle!

>>> Phil

I corrected my post cuz of "ass itches" Joe harassing me! I changed "ghay" to "ghey". He seems to know ALL about that stuff...

[ 07-05-2004, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: Phil Hill ]

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-05-2004 09:48 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"ghey" Phil, not "ghay". Saying "ghay" is teh ghey.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 07-05-2004 10:25 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok Ok OK! WTF do I know about such things? JEEZE!

>>> Phil

Nate Lehrke
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-06-2004 12:54 AM      Profile for Nate Lehrke   Email Nate Lehrke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad's reference to Joe's comics is in 'Upload your forum pictures...page 14'. clicky

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: