Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Humber Cinemas set to re-open

Author Topic: Humber Cinemas set to re-open
Tom Petrov
Five Guys Lover

- posted 01-23-2011 04:53 AM      Profile for Tom Petrov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Who's says old theatres are dead?

Humber Cinemas ressurected from the dead.

I said it in a another thread that one of my favorite names for a theatre was the "Humber Cinemas" which was located next to the Humber River. Well, the theatre is set to re-open as the crews are busy getting the cinema ready for a grand opening.

Closed in 2003, the Humber was a former Cineplex Odeon cinema and was one of the original ODEON theatres from back in the day. The cinema is situated in a neighborhood and the news of the re-opening of this theatre is awesome.

This is such great news for cinema fans, theatre owners and those who believe the actual character of the cinema makes a difference.

Let hope the cinema is a 35mm house!

Some of the movies that I saw at the Humber back in the day:

Pure Luck #2
Patch Adam #2
What Dreams May Come #1
EdTv #2
Apt Pupil #1
Jingle All The Way #2
Point Break #2
Shining Through #1

From what I have read, the Humber Cinemas will play "first" run features as the next closest theatre is very far away.

I hope others will share my enthusiasm

|  IP: Logged

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 01-23-2011 11:23 AM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
See this thread.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: