Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Why isn't Regal showing Get Rich or Die Tryin'?

Author Topic: Why isn't Regal showing Get Rich or Die Tryin'?
Eric Hooper
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-09-2005 03:28 PM      Profile for Eric Hooper   Email Eric Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really want to know...

They left the whole Oakland,CA, Berkeley,CA, and Dublin,CA markets without a single theatre showing it!

|  IP: Logged

Joseph L. Kleiman
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-09-2005 04:34 PM      Profile for Joseph L. Kleiman   Email Joseph L. Kleiman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Regal is showing it, just not in the Bay Area. Century has the bookings for the film, with Loews Metreon showing it in the city.

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 11-09-2005 07:42 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
THey are not showing it here in Lexington and they pretty much show everything.

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 11-09-2005 10:28 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe they don't feel like dealing with the target audience. I wish we were that smart.

The Regal Brandywine 16 in Delaware (right down the street from us) doesn't have it, nor does their flagship theater in Philly, the King Of Prussia stadium 16 IMAX (right UP the street from us), so we have to deal with all the riff-raff now. [Frown]

Amanda Jones
Film Handler

- posted 11-09-2005 10:47 PM      Profile for Amanda Jones   Email Amanda Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We were booked with 2 screens of the movie. Luckily the last show is at 8 pm. I've dealt with this riff raff before so its not new to me it is just new to everyone else who have never dealt with this clientele before.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 11-09-2005 10:59 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could it be a "limited release" thingey, or a movie that some circuits don't want to bother with very good reasons not to book this?

Jason Whitlock
Film Handler

- posted 11-10-2005 09:45 AM      Profile for Jason Whitlock   Email Jason Whitlock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Regal's in Raleigh don't have it either.. only the Carmike and Consolidated Theatres in the area do.. although the UA Theatre does have it as well..

Cory Isemann
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-10-2005 09:58 AM      Profile for Cory Isemann   Author's Homepage   Email Cory Isemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We're (Regal) showing it in Richmond (Glen Allen technically), the other two are Consolidated and Carmike in Southside Richmond.

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-10-2005 11:22 AM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We're showing it on 2 screens, which totally suprises me. However, our cross town competition does not have it. Last night things were fairly calm for this film, but I hope folks can just come in, behave, and enjoy. It's just a movie, afterall.

AJG

Stephen LaPadula
Film Handler

- posted 11-10-2005 12:21 PM      Profile for Stephen LaPadula   Email Stephen LaPadula   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Regal, in Nyc, is showing Get Rich in several area theatres: Court St and Sheepshead Bay in Bklyn, Kauffman Studios in Queens, and on 3 screens at New Roc City. All theatres already draw rough crowds, maybe I'll have some interesting stories to post on Monday.

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 11-10-2005 02:04 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is why no one should be running this piece of [bs] movie. But that's just my opinion.

Story

quote:
WEST HOMESTEAD, Pa. -- Gunfire in the Loews Waterfront movie theater killed a man Wednesday night, West Homestead police said.

The victim, identified as Shelton Flowers, 30, of Wilkinsburg, was hit in the thigh and chest. He died later at UPMC Presbyterian.

Employees at the concession stand reported hearing the shots, police said. Soon after that, Flowers was found near some video game machines.

Two men were seen running out of the main entrance after the shooting, witnesses told police. Another man left through the rear doors.

Police said nobody has come forward to identify a shooter, even though the building was busier than a usual weeknight, with the 50 Cent movie, "Get Rich Or Die Tryin'" debuting on two screens.

Flower's aunt told Channel 4 Action News reporter Marcie Cipriani that her nephew went to the theater to see the 50 Cent movie.

The West Homestead police chief told Channel 4 Action News that the department put an officer on duty at the theater -- which is unusual for a weeknight -- due to the showing of the movie.

The chief said the officer did hear the shots, and right after, the victim crossed the officer's path and collapsed.

Allegheny County homicide detectives are now handling the case. They have not commented yet.

Refresh this page later for updates from WTAE Channel 4 Action News.

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 11-10-2005 08:31 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
One thread is enough, thanks.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: