Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » who makes a device for moving prints? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: who makes a device for moving prints?
Carl King
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-02-2002 10:35 PM      Profile for Carl King   Email Carl King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know if there is a manufacturer who makes such
a thing as a cart or some sort for moving prints around the booth/
I know of a projectionist who has made one or two on his own but
was wondering if there is one that can be bought.

|  IP: Logged

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 02-03-2002 12:54 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We make a pretty decent film mover - here in Canada but we can ship anywhere.
The mover lets you lift a film roll off a platter, move it anywhere, and reinstall it on another platter much easier, more securely, and safer than any other method I know of. The film pack is very securely clamped and can't unravel, fall apart, or even get distorted much.
It moves on wheels with the film pack vertical so it will handily manoever around equipment in a tight booth.
Even for LOTR size prints where EZ movers are impractical, it works great. You'll need 2 people to handle the weight of that much film when transferring from/to the platter or on stairs but it will roll easily on a smooth or carpeted floor - no more carrying from one end of the multiplex to the other.
I've not weighed one, but it's likely under 20 pounds.

Email me if you want more info, I don't have a price book with me (home).

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-03-2002 02:29 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave, send me the info as well. I'll post it here if anyone else expresses an interest.

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 02-03-2002 02:31 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
Do tell ...

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-03-2002 03:04 PM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Id like to see it.

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-03-2002 03:30 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in.

Keith Peticolas
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-03-2002 06:05 PM      Profile for Keith Peticolas   Email Keith Peticolas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Count me in. I wouldn't mind getting one of those myself.

Darren Solomon
Film Handler

- posted 02-03-2002 06:22 PM      Profile for Darren Solomon   Author's Homepage   Email Darren Solomon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, les see this device and how much for 2?
Thanks

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 02-03-2002 06:57 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've sent a draft users manual to Brad. Tomorrow when I'm back at work I'll try and get some kind of brochure-type document together with a picture and pricing. I don't want to guess at the price and post something totally wrong!
Bear with me, it's a new product for us and we haven't finished the sales info yet.

Tom Fermanian
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-03-2002 07:41 PM      Profile for Tom Fermanian   Email Tom Fermanian   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave, are you refering to the A frame Easel type movers that where I believe made(at first in Alberta) for Famous Players? The ones with a Plexiglass 'slider' and metal A Frame with Knobs & wheels? if it is, I have two and they always work very well, I didn't know that they where still available. Tom

------------------

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 02-04-2002 03:39 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom:
These are similar, but solve some problems with the ones you have. Their plexiglas is brittle and the sharpened edges crack off rather easily or the whole plate cracks in pieces. We use a HDPE material (like in those opaque white cutting boards) that will not crack (I haven't managed to, at least)and we sharpen just the corners so they aren't easily damaged. Also the wheels are better plus one swivels so it is much easier to manoever. And there is a proper lifting handle rather than the metal strap. The basic principle is the same.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-04-2002 04:13 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Here it is...
CLICK HERE

John T. Hendrickson, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-04-2002 07:13 PM      Profile for John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Email John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bravo, Dave! And now for the price?

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 02-05-2002 08:01 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm out on a service call this morning, if I get back to the shop I'll post a price. The final price was only recently worked out and I haven't seen it yet (I'm a tech, not the salesman).

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 02-05-2002 02:44 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The price for the film mover:
$750.00 (Canadian dollars) F.O.B. Toronto
Today this is under $500.00 US but that changes every day... if you need a price in US$ call.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: