Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Mr. Woodcock (2007)

Author Topic: Mr. Woodcock (2007)
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 09-14-2007 05:06 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
This was pretty much exactly what I thought it would be. Stupid and not really very entertaining, but not SO horrible that I couldn't sit through it.

I really am starting to hate Stiffler...I mean Sean William Scott. He plays the same godamn retard in every movie, and it's just not funny. (Although MUCH funnier than anything Chris Tucker has ever done.)

I only wanted to see this for Billy Bob Thornton. Sure he is playing a similar role to many of his previous films, but it is usually fairly entertaining and after the hilarious Bad Santa I will continue to watch his films in the hopes of even finding another half as funny.

Unfortunately this movie isn't funny, and Billy Bob's performance was about the only thing entertaining in it at all.

2 out of 5

|  IP: Logged

Frank Dubrois
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-17-2007 03:19 PM      Profile for Frank Dubrois     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This movie was very funny. You really have to like Billy Bob to get the most out of it. In fact, you have to like Billy Bob to find it funny at all. I'm a huge fan of his...

4/5

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 09-17-2007 06:55 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not a huge Billy Bob Thronton fan, but this seems like the perfect movie role for him. Anything would be better than that Bad News Bears thing he did a while ago, or whatever it was.

Jeremy Jorgenson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-18-2007 01:22 PM      Profile for Jeremy Jorgenson   Author's Homepage   Email Jeremy Jorgenson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, Mike ... Bad News Bears was better than this! Woodcock (rather than Rush Hour 3) would have been the better movie to go reel by reel showing how reliant on formula & bad filmmaking techniques the film is ... but I don't care enough to actually do that.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: