Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum

my profile | my password | register | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Dolby DSS200/220 & DSL100/200 software 4.9 released

Author Topic: Dolby DSS200/220 & DSL100/200 software 4.9 released
Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 07-11-2017 10:13 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
4.9.0.96 went up on dolbycustomer.com for download today. Unlike the last few updates, this is a major one: six new features and around 30 bug fixes. Thought those of you running these servers and who aren't registered for email updates from Dolby might like to know.

|  IP: Logged

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 07-12-2017 09:07 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Bunch of neat new features for a 'dead server line'.
Someone at Dolby must really love these machines. I wish someone at Dolby would love the Doremi line as well.

RAW TCP automation - finally...
full DCP export file compliance - no more missing assetmap, packing list, etc - finally
dedicated automation export/import for all cue tyoes - GPIO, serial, TCP - well that would be more handy if this server line was still alive for new installations

- Carsten

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 07-13-2017 08:51 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
4.9.0 and 4.9.1 were already in the works prior to discontinuation (pretty far along too). I suspect that 4.9.1 will be the end of the line.

The DSS line will likely outlive much of the Doremi line, the DSS are better servers and the software is less kludgy. That said, yes, the Doremi stuff seems to have a rather slow software update strategy and the most recent one seems to have been a gaffe and required an immediate recall.

Ioannis Syrogiannis
Film Handler

- posted 07-23-2017 04:23 AM      Profile for Ioannis Syrogiannis   Email Ioannis Syrogiannis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Carsten Kurz
...well that would be more handy if this server line was still alive for new installations
Right! Yet, it can be considerably handy in cases of remote (no access to USB port) installations and/or easily recognising the present GPIO configuration, if you don't have access to a related archive. [Smile]

I remember Steve mentioning the new FTP features some time ago and I was eager to be able to take advantage of it.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: