Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Dolby DSS200/220 & DSL100/200 software 4.9 released

Author Topic: Dolby DSS200/220 & DSL100/200 software 4.9 released
Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 07-11-2017 10:13 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
4.9.0.96 went up on dolbycustomer.com for download today. Unlike the last few updates, this is a major one: six new features and around 30 bug fixes. Thought those of you running these servers and who aren't registered for email updates from Dolby might like to know.

|  IP: Logged

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 07-12-2017 09:07 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Bunch of neat new features for a 'dead server line'.
Someone at Dolby must really love these machines. I wish someone at Dolby would love the Doremi line as well.

RAW TCP automation - finally...
full DCP export file compliance - no more missing assetmap, packing list, etc - finally
dedicated automation export/import for all cue tyoes - GPIO, serial, TCP - well that would be more handy if this server line was still alive for new installations

- Carsten

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 07-13-2017 08:51 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
4.9.0 and 4.9.1 were already in the works prior to discontinuation (pretty far along too). I suspect that 4.9.1 will be the end of the line.

The DSS line will likely outlive much of the Doremi line, the DSS are better servers and the software is less kludgy. That said, yes, the Doremi stuff seems to have a rather slow software update strategy and the most recent one seems to have been a gaffe and required an immediate recall.

Ioannis Syrogiannis
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-23-2017 04:23 AM      Profile for Ioannis Syrogiannis   Email Ioannis Syrogiannis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Carsten Kurz
...well that would be more handy if this server line was still alive for new installations
Right! Yet, it can be considerably handy in cases of remote (no access to USB port) installations and/or easily recognising the present GPIO configuration, if you don't have access to a related archive. [Smile]

I remember Steve mentioning the new FTP features some time ago and I was eager to be able to take advantage of it.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 07-20-2018 12:41 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Would someone (privately, if necessary) share Dolby DSS 4.9.1.18 release notes with me?

- Carsten

Steve Guttag

- posted 07-20-2018 01:44 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Note, I believe there will be a 4.9.2.

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-20-2018 02:27 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve, which Doremi software needed to be recalled, and what was the issue with it?

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 07-20-2018 04:09 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
---
Hi everyone, we did have users install 2.8.11 and we had a couple of reports of troubles with using USB ports. We've removed the software from our FTP site as a precaution while we investigate.

Mike Renlund
Dolby Laboratories
---

http://www.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/f16/t002896/p3.html

Steve Guttag

- posted 07-20-2018 04:59 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There were problems with channel mapping too.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 07-20-2018 07:17 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There was also a bug with 2.8.19 of the Dolreme server and IMS software, that 2.8.20 (current version) is the fix for - something to do with a false alarm reading the SMART status from the operating system flash drive, if I remember correctly.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 07-21-2018 05:33 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Steve Guttag
There were problems with channel mapping too.
In a Doremi Training document, I had seen a Doremi config dialog allowing to disable routing completely, apply static routing, or use SMPTE based mapping. However, I have never seen that dialog on any existing Doremi server I looked up since. Does anyone know where that came from and where it went?

- Carsten

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 07-21-2018 10:47 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the web UI (available on software 4.6.5 and later on Dolremi boxes, or any version on Dolby IMSes) - you get at it as follows. These screenshots were taken from an IMS2000, but this screen is in the same place on Dolremi servers (DCP2000, DCP2K4 and ShowVault):

Go to administration > control panel from the main pulldown, and then select audio settings > channel mapping, as so:

-

Once there, you have a number of pulldown preconfigured options for the audio settings, or "custom," which allows you to route the channels as you like:

-

I don't have access to an old school Doremi UI to take screenshots at present, but it's basically in the same place: control panel > audio options (or very similar wording).

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 07-21-2018 01:02 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No Leo, what I mean is different. The ISDCF mapping is just another static mapping that follows the ISDCF Interop/SMPTE channel reference document and labels. The web gui shows the same options as the traditional 2000/2k4/ShowVault GUI.

But, let's take this away from this thread into a new one:

http://www.film-tech.com/ubb/f16/t003381.html

- Carsten

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: