Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Cinetize - get it while it's hot (and free)

Author Topic: Cinetize - get it while it's hot (and free)
Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 04-20-2011 03:20 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If anyone is "sitting on the fence" and planning to download some Cinetize DCPs for your theatres, download it now -- according to one of the company guys at CinemaCon, they are going to put most of (or a lot of) their material behind a pay-wall starting in May sometime.

|  IP: Logged

Ron Funderburg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-20-2011 10:58 AM      Profile for Ron Funderburg   Author's Homepage   Email Ron Funderburg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So mike what is the internet address?

Never mind found it!

http://www.cinetize.com/

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 04-21-2011 08:38 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, should have included that.

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 04-22-2011 09:09 AM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't actually characterize it as "hot," Mike. [Wink] Some pretty hokey stuff there, but hey, you can't argue with free, I guess. I sure wouldn't PAY for any of that stuff, but then again, that's just me.

Ron Funderburg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-22-2011 05:26 PM      Profile for Ron Funderburg   Author's Homepage   Email Ron Funderburg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like the silent version for coming attraction and feather attraction! But that is just me!

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 04-22-2011 07:20 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Frank Angel
I sure wouldn't PAY for any of that stuff, but then again, that's just me.
When you consider that Filmack (last I checked) wanted $265 for a DCP of ONE of their clips produced in the 1990s, the Cinetize stuff looks very nice indeed.

Ron Funderburg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-22-2011 07:24 PM      Profile for Ron Funderburg   Author's Homepage   Email Ron Funderburg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree it is better than filmmack filmac filmmac oh whatever it is better than theirs!

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 04-23-2011 07:07 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why not make your own DCPs? Dig up a graphics talent near you, the conversion software is free.

http://www.film-tech.com/ubb/f16/t000539.html

The Cinetize stuff really looks too cheap to me.

Shawn Houck
Film Handler

- posted 04-26-2011 02:43 AM      Profile for Shawn Houck   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Houck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey folks,
We had so many downloads over at Cinetize in the past few weeks, I knew word must have leaked about our upcoming d-cinema store. Glad to see so many downloads...over 200 in the past few weeks from users all around the globe. I always appreciate the perspective of the Film-Tech community, so thank you for all your comments...even the critical ones. We're proud of our content (even the cheesy stuff) and our goal in launching the new D-cinema store is to fund additional production positions among our staff...keep those comments coming! And by all means, please feel free to contact me with any questions or suggestions you may have...I'm the owner of the company. [Smile]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: