Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » STAR WARS EPISODE 3 REVENGE OF THE SITH October 31st 2005

Author Topic: STAR WARS EPISODE 3 REVENGE OF THE SITH October 31st 2005
Andy Summers
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-18-2005 07:18 PM      Profile for Andy Summers         Edit/Delete Post 
STAR WARS EPISODE 3 REVENGE OF THE SITH

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00097E6EU.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Due for release Monday 31st October 2005 just ahead of the USA by 24hours, oh well the force will be strong this side of the Atlantic, while some of us preparing and make final EQ adjustments and alignments for this eventful showdown between good and evil….

So just how many of your will be making the special modifications, or adding the extra surround loudspeakers for height surround, or an extra sub bass unit, for more extension of the LFE..?

|  IP: Logged

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 09-18-2005 07:32 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm gonna listen to it through an old drive-in window speaker. Seems like that's been good enough for George recently.

Andy Summers
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-18-2005 07:49 PM      Profile for Andy Summers         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL

David’

LOL I know what you mean LOL drive-in LOL this drive-in loudspeaker is THX approved LOL…..hehehe

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 09-18-2005 08:49 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 09-18-2005 08:57 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I sure hope this event reverses the slump in DVD sales, otherwise the video industry will be doomed.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 09-18-2005 10:40 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OMG DUDE THIS IS FUCKING STAR WARS SO I BOUGHT12 NEW SPEAAKERZ OMG LOL I HAVE MULTIPLE SPEAKERS FOR EACH CHANNEL AND NOW I HAVE 15 SUBWOOFERS LOCATED THROUGHOHYT MY ENTIRE ROOM I ADJUSTED MY EQ JUST FOR THIS MOVIE BECAISE OF COURSE IT WAS A CRAPPY EQ BEFORE AND STAR WARS DESERVS SPECIAL EQ SINE IT IS TSAR WARS MY HANDS ARE SHAKING AS I TYPE THIS I CANT NBELE VEVE IT AND JUST BECOUSE THIS IS STAR WARS OMG THIS WIL BE GREAT I CAN'T WAIT HELP ME LORD SOWDOWN BETWEEN GOOD AND EVIL IT IS THE BEST MUST GO EQ ROOM AGAIN 16 TIMES BEFORE STAR WARS AND MAYBE EVEN SURING DSDOI ITY STAR WARS WHERE IS MY ANAL DILDO I REALLY NEED IT RIGHT NOW BECAISE POF STAR WARS OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!

Andy Summers
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-19-2005 06:49 AM      Profile for Andy Summers         Edit/Delete Post 
Joe’

LOL, that’s damn funny stuff keep it, right up..!

Mike’

Doomed video-tape disputation, oh I wish the only thing video-tape is good for is when it wraps around the video head drum, basically knackered, and you can truly use it for swinging from the chandler with….!

Brad’

I’m puzzled I don’t get it, but you understand the joke, so I’ll have to agree with whether I choose to like it or not…..I’ll swing from the chandler instead…

No this is going to prove if “STAR WARS” was indeed a quiet mix, and I really don’t give a monkey if the 35mm SR-D is different, sure by a few (db) in general it will be compared to all the other x5 films, but special modifications will be made.

And I don’t have to sign a George THX Lucas agreement, with a blaster at my head, none of that….

So what really happened in the cinema this year with the Dolby SR-D-EX presentation now who’s fault was it I don’t think it could possibly be Lucasfilm, must be the projectionist side, the projectionist is the last link in the final illusion of the films presentation.

Also the sound engineer, the guy who says it is done and finalized, let the show begin, will I since no thinking, as my chief projectionist said to me “In this industry you have to think like a projectionist…”

I would have investigated it there and then checking each output level, and taking the liberty to adjust the split-surrounds level, as most where saying, the audience that is, the surrounds are way too quiet, I agree and the LFE, sub .1 was (WTF) now something is queer, that’s three separate things that don’t seam to add up?

Though this ante a problem for me, as I’ll be monitoring the mix separately, at first to see if the split-surrounds are dead as door nail, and to see if any information is recorded on the LFE track.

And talking about no recorded information on the (LFE) there is only a few DVD’s where I have noticed this funny “WATERWORLD” “VIRTIGO” and the first standard DVD edition of “SPEED” and upon buying the special edition version of “SPEED” which was the same as the theatrical realise, whoops, sorry it’s got a cut in it (BBFC) vultures) anyway the mix is superfine.

So I know most of you ante going to lose any sleep over this, but it does puzzle me, and so looks like a perfect candidate for testing…. This Monday 31st of October 2005….

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 09-19-2005 10:54 AM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
Make sure you get permission from Joey and Ross before you swing from the chandler.

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-19-2005 02:24 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have programmed my DVD player to forcefully fling any and all George Lucas involved discs out into the long long ago and the far far away.

Wait a few months...he'll come out with the must have musical version of Episode V, with the happy little Ewoks twirling batons as Han Solo is sealed in Carbonite and tapping their little hearts out to the British Music Hall sing-a-long, "Luke, I am your Father."

If we wait a couple of more months, I'm sure we'll get a version that is mixed ONLY for sub-woofers. Who needs dialog...just give me the BOOMS!!!

Hey, Joe, lets grab our gear and head out to the Best Buy to start a LINE!!! What fun THAT would be! We'd be REALLY cool then, and the envy of all who see us. I'll bring the spray cheese! I'll put on my X-Wing costume, and I'll run around with my arms out making jet noises! George will REALLY love us if we do that!!! And I'm sure the chicks will DIG us, too. And, don't forget your THX-approved boombox!! You know, the one with the 3" speakers and the executive TONE control! OOOOOOOOH!

Andy Summers
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-19-2005 03:21 PM      Profile for Andy Summers         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah and I’ll put on the, “DARTH VADER” MASK and make heavy orgasmic [sex] breathing sounds, “feel the Force Luke, can you feel the Force Luke, grab onto it let go Luke thrust you feelings, let go Luke you gripping to hard.”

Sorry guys. [beer]

Anyway I sure there will be just a THX sub bass only mixed on all channels, that will blow us totally away, just like in the “Maxwell” advertisement….LOL…

Just about everything else that sold with STAR WARS on it from TOYS to Bubble Gum, so where are the Adult, “THX” TOYS then, the type that vibrate and buzz with “THX” seal of Approval…. [sex]

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 09-19-2005 04:52 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
One thread is enough for me, but thanks anyway, Smelly Cat.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: